Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Anyone here looking to get out of their Macan S yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:15 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Yeah, I also hear that lots of dealers are marking up Macan's. Porsche seems to not allow that new, but some guys have said they've seen Macan S' advertised for $10k over MSRP, and that's used WITH miles. And apparently they're actually selling used for over new MSRP in instances as well.
they cant get any **** from PCNA if they overcharge on used.. they can charge anything they want.. on new.. it's shunned upon to sell over list... kinda like w ferrari... if you have a good relationship, ferrari will sell you a sought after car with a 3 months guaranteed buyback of the exact same price.. just so they can then charge 30-40-50 over on the backend without anyone bitching... i usually get written buyback guarantee's on all my exotics.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
also.... florida market in general=rape... been there done that several times which is why i started buying all my new porsches in the mid west.. which their is still long wait lists but no markups and drama.. also they can charge whatever they want on any model. especially on used cars... so again. i would love to know how many of the above cars are available.. and if you already called since you're on top of the market.
My FL dealer gave me a 4% discount on my order, no haggling or drama. Car arrives in 5 weeks.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:28 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
My FL dealer gave me a 4% discount on my order, no haggling or drama. Car arrives in 5 weeks.
when did you order? ordered from them prior?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:03 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by jakermc
That's an extremely rare occurrence. Based on what most people are reporting, discounts are getting even tighter now as 2015 allocation gets gobbled up.

Either the dealer is willing to leave money on their side of the table to get business from others, and using Macan discounting as a tactic (since pretty much no one else is doing it) or I'm guessing you got all or many of your Porsche's from them (which obviously changes everything)?
Old 11-21-2014, 08:33 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
when did you order? ordered from them prior?
First time purchase, ordered August 23. Good move on their part, I do understand this is unusual and they have now won my loyalty. Nice to see a dealer playing the long game versus just looking at the next sale.

Now if I can just get the parts department to give me discounts, I spend a lot more money there supporting the race cars than I do on new vehicles!
Old 05-28-2016, 11:11 AM
erhardy
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks JD - I appreciate the info!
Old 05-28-2016, 11:38 AM
evil panda
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 73 Posts

OP, you're in Miami? Plenty of inventory sitting on the lot at Champion and Penske. And at least Champion is usually willing to deal - I've bought multiple cars from them, including my wife's Macan turbo, and the only one I paid msrp for was a GT4.

Someone said there is no one leasing these things - I guess I might be the only one, then! The lease terms are not good, but not worse than AMG or Audi when we were looking. And the wife is adamant that she wants to only drive cars under warranty so we did it

But I agree with the person above who said you prolly won't find a crazy good lease swap deal unless someone put a ton of money down and is now selling under distress

EDIT - ugh, I didn't realize I was replying to a two year old thread. Well, hope the above information helps someone who's looking now!
Old 09-05-2016, 01:05 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Just found this when looking for another thread I had started. What a difference a few years make. Macans are just like most other new Porsches with the exception of the RS's and selling for steep discounts. The used market is showing pretty large deprecations as well. I wound up leasing her a 2015 C class in December 2014 for a great deal. We have 15 months left. Maybe we'll get a Macan next although she really loves the MBZ...

Quick Reply: Anyone here looking to get out of their Macan S yet?