Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Anyone here looking to get out of their Macan S yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:23 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Anyone here looking to get out of their Macan S yet?

I'm interested in taking over a lease on a light color Macan S. I'd like BT, Backup camera, Satellite radio but not much else. Anyone? PM me with details if you have something.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:33 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh my, please don't tell me you have a pair of 993TTs in your garage! Love the Fiat too.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:29 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Oh my, please don't tell me you have a pair of 993TTs in your garage! Love the Fiat too.
Thank you! I have the most fun driving the Fiat...
Old 11-16-2014, 03:31 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't want to wait for an order?
Old 11-16-2014, 03:57 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
Don't want to wait for an order?
Nope. Would rather take over someone else's lease after they've spent a few dollars on it!
Old 11-16-2014, 05:01 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I SEEEE
Old 11-16-2014, 08:46 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
Nope. Would rather take over someone else's lease after they've spent a few dollars on it!
not sure anyone would do that, i sold my macan S in 2 days... had 50+ requests after to buy as well..
Old 11-16-2014, 08:55 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by rijowysock
not sure anyone would do that, i sold my macan S in 2 days... had 50+ requests after to buy as well..
Time will tell. There is a point in the relatively near future when Macans will flood the dealer inventories and people will be listing them on all the lease trader type sites. That's a guarantee!
Old 11-16-2014, 10:25 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Time will tell. There is a point in the relatively near future when Macans will flood the dealer inventories and people will be listing them on all the lease trader type sites. That's a guarantee!
wont see it in the next 6 months for sure.. majority of people that bought them havent even got them yet.

i've been in this seat before with the 2011 cayenne demand.. the only way you'll see an abundance of macanS available would be if they release the base 2.0L 4 cyl here.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:41 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Good luck, but no way they'll be flooding inventories. 2015 is probably already mostly spoken for as most dealers seem to be booked up for much of the year already. I don't expect supply to ever really outweigh demand on this car on such a massive level, as the Cayenne's have been holding up very well on supply/demand (and resale) and I expect the Macan might do better (plus, Porsche is really good about keeping the ratio level).

Also, it seems there's an extremely small fraction of buyers who are leasing Macan's right now. Not only do Porsche buyers seem to have a higher propensity of buying than leasing when compared to other high-end makes, but the Macan especially has terrible lease deals. I personally wouldn't hold your breath in thinking Macan's will be up for grabs on lease trader, especially without high payments. But if you catch any as they might pop up, then it'll be a great catch.

Last edited by K-A; 11-18-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:16 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Originally Posted by K-A
Good luck, but no way they'll be flooding inventories. 2015 is probably already mostly spoken for as most dealers seem to be booked up for much of the year already. I don't expect supply to ever really outweigh demand on this car on such a massive level, as the Cayenne's have been holding up very well on supply/demand (and resale) and I expect the Macan might do better (plus, Porsche is really good about keeping the ratio level).

Also, it seems there's an extremely small fraction of buyers who are leasing Macan's right now. Not only do Porsche buyers seem to have a higher propensity of buying than leasing when compared to other high-end makes, but the Macan especially has terrible lease deals. I personally wouldn't hold your breath in thinking Macan's will be up for grabs on lease trader, especially without high payments. But if you catch any as they might pop up, then it'll be a great catch.
I appreciate the information. Maybe in smaller markets the vehicle will be hard to find for a while but the reality is that Porsche forecasts selling lots and lots of Macans. Due to that fact, todays unobtainable will be extremely obtainable in due time. Here in Miami there are lots and lots of moms driving them around already and they are not the typical Middle American type of car buyer. Today its a Macan, tomorrow an Audi and the next day a BMW. This is not meant to be a car with 918 like production numbers otherwise they never would have invested in its development. This is a car for the masses.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:47 PM
K-A
Drifting

I appreciate the information. Maybe in smaller markets the vehicle will be hard to find for a while but the reality is that Porsche forecasts selling lots and lots of Macans. Due to that fact, todays unobtainable will be extremely obtainable in due time. Here in Miami there are lots and lots of moms driving them around already and they are not the typical Middle American type of car buyer. Today its a Macan, tomorrow an Audi and the next day a BMW. This is not meant to be a car with 918 like production numbers otherwise they never would have invested in its development. This is a car for the masses.
"Masses" is relative. I think they're planning on making 30k for the first year and then 50k after that, and that's worldwide. It'll sell more than the Cayenne I'm sure, but if Cayenne's aren't flooding inventories and lease trader than I doubt the Macan will. Also, like I said, I haven't seen one person on a board who's leased one, and all the dealers I asked said that most people are buying them right now. The lease rates are very unattractive so it's obvious that Porsche are pushing for buyers which is smart especially with a car that's capped at production (at least for now) as it maintains strong resale value.

They know they'll sell every one that they can make, but they have certain numbers they've already said are in mind which I'm sure have to do with production capacity along with controlling dilution on some levels as to protect the brand.

Either way, we'll know soon enough. I personally wouldn't hold your breath but surely some should pop up, and since you don't seem picky about the build, it'll help your odds.
Old 11-19-2014, 12:02 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

and when they get sick of it they dont put it on craigslist, they trade into dealer cheap and dealer see's the demand and marks it up 10k..

and the "gold digger" wife also had to have 500 options so it's a 75k sticker.

i would say im very aware of the "new" market... and unfortunately that means low supply and heavy demand..

here is every macan in nation currently "available"... i would bet making cold calls that over half arent even available for purchase but rather a bait and switch to get you to wait for an open allocation..
Attached Images  
Old 11-19-2014, 12:06 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

also.... florida market in general=rape... been there done that several times which is why i started buying all my new porsches in the mid west.. which their is still long wait lists but no markups and drama.. also they can charge whatever they want on any model. especially on used cars... so again. i would love to know how many of the above cars are available.. and if you already called since you're on top of the market.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:14 AM
K-A
Drifting

Yeah, I also hear that lots of dealers are marking up Macan's. Porsche seems to not allow that new, but some guys have said they've seen Macan S' advertised for $10k over MSRP, and that's used WITH miles. And apparently they're actually selling used for over new MSRP in instances as well.

Quick Reply: Anyone here looking to get out of their Macan S yet?