Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Macan reliability - better info

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 02:37 PM
mkaresh
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Macan reliability - better info

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that made the differences between cars clearer. So a few years ago I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to track cars closely as they age.

Thanks partly to the support of this forum (for which I'm very grateful), we've been providing stats on the Boxster, Cayman, and 911. I'd like to do the same for the Macan. Just a matter of getting enough owners involved.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, following the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Macan, for free. I'll share results for the Macan in this thread after each update.

http://www.truedelta.com/join
Old 10-02-2014, 08:05 PM
amelen
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

Great idea - I was just thinking about looking for some Macan reliability data. It's still very early (the car came out just a few months ago), but this will be great going forward.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:10 PM
mkaresh
Racer

That's the idea. We only count repairs that happen after someone joins, so ideally people are already signed up when they first get the vehicle.

Six owners signed up so far, a decent start. We'll need at least 25 responses to provide reasonably accurate stats, though, so I hope more sign up soon.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:18 PM
mkaresh
Racer

Eleven now signed up. We'll get to 25+ sooner than I expected if this continues.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:02 PM
kkapoor
Instructor

Originally Posted by mkaresh
Eleven now signed up. We'll get to 25+ sooner than I expected if this continues.
You should post this on macanforum.com
Old 11-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Filled in the survey. Website could use a little work.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:39 PM
mkaresh
Racer

Originally Posted by kkapoor
You should post this on macanforum.com
Thanks for the tip. I started a similar thread over there earlier, and it does seem to have helped.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:41 PM
mkaresh
Racer

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Filled in the survey. Website could use a little work.
Thanks for joining.

Which improvements would you suggest?

(Keep in mind that we are two people, not a few dozen with millions in investment to work with.)
Old 11-19-2014, 12:11 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

5k miles on one. 4k on another.. no problems besides the "change oil" light at startuo every time on my S.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:21 PM
mkaresh
Racer

At the moment we're a car or two short of having enough responses to provide reliability stats for the Macan with next month's update. Odds are we'll get these, but the resulting stats would be more precise with more participants. So I hope more owners will sign up.

www.truedelta.com/join
Old 04-18-2016, 02:14 PM
mkaresh
Racer

We've updated our reliability stats for the Macan to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2015 Macan: 45, moderate

We have two additional statistics, "Nada-odds" and "Lemon-odds", to indicate the percentage of cars with no repairs in the past year and those that required 3+ trips to the repair shop:

2015 Macan: 62, 4

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Porsche Macan reliability ratings and comparisons

Quick Reply: Porsche Macan reliability - better info