Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Thinking about a Macan S for a daily driver.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Really was feeling the Macan. I'm bummed I could not locate one, or a build. I ended up getting a 2014 MB E350 wagon. Just picked it up yesterday.
What color?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:35 AM
SteveFromMN
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
My recollection is PASM also includes adjustable swaybar stiffness...
That would be PDCC and it does not look like it is offered for the Macan
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
jcontardi
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe I bought the marketing; or maybe I am just getting "old" - I sold my 993 C4S to buy a Macan S. I loved the C4S, but just thought: what a waste to put commuter miles on an appreciating rare beast. Most of my miles are not glamorous - I do a daily 45 mile slog through Atlanta traffic, rarely experiencing a nice bite on a curve or a good blast on an open straight. Since spending more time on the track, street driving has become far less satisfying and my desire has been for features and practicality ahead of performance - yet I appreciate performance and engineering so I don't want to give it up - so I bought the Macan S. My wife has a Cayenne Diesel, which I adore, but it is a completely different vehicle. I am happy (and admittedly blessed) to have the Cayenne, the Macan, and a dedicated track car. For me, in the modern world of urban traffic, road decay, and the need to move kids and 'stuff' around, the Macan is a great choice. I love it.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcontardi
Maybe I bought the marketing; or maybe I am just getting "old" - I sold my 993 C4S to buy a Macan S. I loved the C4S, but just thought: what a waste to put commuter miles on an appreciating rare beast. Most of my miles are not glamorous - I do a daily 45 mile slog through Atlanta traffic, rarely experiencing a nice bite on a curve or a good blast on an open straight. Since spending more time on the track, street driving has become far less satisfying and my desire has been for features and practicality ahead of performance - yet I appreciate performance and engineering so I don't want to give it up - so I bought the Macan S. My wife has a Cayenne Diesel, which I adore, but it is a completely different vehicle. I am happy (and admittedly blessed) to have the Cayenne, the Macan, and a dedicated track car. For me, in the modern world of urban traffic, road decay, and the need to move kids and 'stuff' around, the Macan is a great choice. I love it.
Great exposition. Love to hear more about your build and the nuances.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:37 AM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have PTV+ on my Macan S and I love it. It is definitely more fun/nimble to drive then the demo cars I gave driven without it. Taking on/off ramps on the freeway at twice the warning speed without breaking a sweat. Making a spirited U-turn makes it feel like it turns on one wheel, priceless.

And yes, I did spec summer tires, a no cost option .

Quick Reply: Thinking about a Macan S for a daily driver.