Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Macan S diesel sound and acceleration (Aurum Paint)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:45 AM
AdrianTC
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Macan S diesel sound and acceleration (Aurum Paint)

Hi guys, last days I shot the Macan S diesel for my blog. It is a 3-litre diesel engine with one turbocharger, developing 190 kW/258 PS/hp.

The paint is very nice (Aurum Metallic, 2,070 Euro without VAT) and it's the first time I see it on a Porsche.

If you want to read more about this specific car you can find everything on my blog. There are also some detailed pictures, including under the car http://throttlechannel.com/porsche-macan-s-diesel-2014

Or if you have questions that you think I can answer... please shoot!

Adrian
Old 07-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks real good below 4000rpm. I think the diesel will be very enjoyable as a daily driver because of its low end responsiveness. It's going to be the high end lack of pull that might leave the enthusiast wanting. The sound is better than I thought.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:13 AM
AdrianTC
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must admit that first time I drove the Macan S and Macan S diesel, at a small media event, I didn't liked none of them. The way they drive.

But I drove this one for more km and it is a very enjoyable car. And very fast for a diesel SUV. You can notice in the video that with the Launch Control there is a small wheel spin (for all four wheels, as I felt it) and the acceleration is fabulous until 70-80 km/h... First and second gear.

The engine and exhaust sounds the best around 2,000 rpm, like the Panamera diesel and Cayenne diesel. In that 1,900 - 2,200 rpm range the sound is thrilling!

But the Macan S diesel is very silent overall. Too silent for a Porsche enthusiast taste
Old 07-31-2014, 09:13 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianTC
I must admit that first time I drove the Macan S and Macan S diesel, at a small media event, I didn't liked none of them. The way they drive.

But I drove this one for more km and it is a very enjoyable car. And very fast for a diesel SUV. You can notice in the video that with the Launch Control there is a small wheel spin (for all four wheels, as I felt it) and the acceleration is fabulous until 70-80 km/h... First and second gear.

The engine and exhaust sounds the best around 2,000 rpm, like the Panamera diesel and Cayenne diesel. In that 1,900 - 2,200 rpm range the sound is thrilling!

But the Macan S diesel is very silent overall. Too silent for a Porsche enthusiast taste
Right and it's a different sound. Even the muted S though subdued still has that signature Porsche sound.

Quick Reply: Porsche Macan S diesel sound and acceleration (Aurum Paint)