Notices
Macan 2014-Current

must have options on a macan s?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 02:58 PM
roule
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

The PL71 platform was a 3-way joint effort. I doubt that Cayenne could have existed without Audi and VW partnership either.

VW indeed provides race-only Paris-Dakar vehicles. Too bad they are not offered for sale to the public.

Perhaps VWAG is planning to make a lighter/sportier Lamborghini Urus using the Macan chassis.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Surfbum
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Check to see if they are finally offering rear seat air vents.
Bought one for my daughter and got the first one delivered to AZ, NO REAR AIR, hot as HELL back there.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:07 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Check to see if they are finally offering rear seat air vents.
Bought one for my daughter and got the first one delivered to AZ, NO REAR AIR, hot as HELL back there.

Check the box for the 3 zone auto climate control option for the rear seat AC controls and vents. Its been available all along but its not clear that this option is needed to include rear vents.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:33 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

For me, with just the 2 of us, must have options are tow hitch, heated & ventilated, keyless entry, Bose, 19" (I want to be able to use all seasons for decent wear mileage and occasional northern trips). I also like air suspension and Nav too. Colored wheel caps too. Unfortunate the Porsche Build your own site usually bumps me into the Premium Plus pkg and 14 way seats etc, and my S goes to $65k and the Turbo goes to $84k. Then I think about a really nice 2011 low mileage Cayenne Turbo I can buy for $70ish. That is the quandary I'm in. The Macan would fit better in my tight garage better but might need a hitch-mounted cargo platform for our longer trips, whereas the Cayenne Turbo would not. This is my tough choice...

Last edited by PCA1983; 07-14-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:44 PM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 80 Posts

It's really going to be up to how you intend to use the car what the essential options are. One non-obvious one you might be planning to skip is the leather interior option you choose when you select the seats. If you get the base 8-ways or choose partial leather, the side bolsters on the seats are leatherette (vinyl) and are reported to show wear pretty quickly.

For myself, I chose all the performance options as I'm more interested in "sport" than "utility vehicle".
Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM
ginger jay
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, a must have would be color matched side body panel-thingies. The black plastic-looking ones are horrible IMO.

Quick Reply: must have options on a macan s?