Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Premature Macan S delivery (Pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for all the pictures. This is almost exactly the build that I'm considering. I think the Agate and the Spyders are a perfect match. The gloss black window trim ties in perfectly with the rear spoiler. The Agate on Agate seems to really work in those pics. I've seen the Agate on other vehicles I just need to see it live to assess the effect on the Macan.

Very elegant build. It's interesting how the build really impacts the presentation of the vehicle. Also I am inspired by the detailing work.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
Thank you for all the pictures. This is almost exactly the build that I'm considering. I think the Agate and the Spyders are a perfect match. The gloss black window trim ties in perfectly with the rear spoiler. The Agate on Agate seems to really work in those pics. I've seen the Agate on other vehicles I just need to see it live to assess the effect on the Macan.

Very elegant build. It's interesting how the build really impacts the presentation of the vehicle. Also I am inspired by the detailing work.
Thanks Buckfever! You are right - our intent was to tie the trim together as much as possible (gloss spoiler, gloss window trim, black rails, black underside of the mirrors...all that stuff.) The plan succeeded in keeping it from looking like there are too many different things going on...elegant is exactly what we were looking for. This understated look happens to be our preference, and for sure a very different look than other exterior and interior colors and color combinations.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:10 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Hammer911: Do you think the agate interior is less dark and cave-like inside than black? I ordered agate interior hoping it would allow a slightly lighter interior feeling than black provides.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on getting it early. My build date has moved out 3 times - no reason given. Not sure I am ever going to get it at this point :-)
Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Hammer911: Do you think the agate interior is less dark and cave-like inside than black? I ordered agate interior hoping it would allow a slightly lighter interior feeling than black provides.
Definitely...certainly lighter in appearance and a much "softer" look
Old 06-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Congrats on getting it early. My build date has moved out 3 times - no reason given. Not sure I am ever going to get it at this point :-)
I wondered for a while when I heard about the parts shortages for black trim, rails and panorama roof (all of which we ordered.) I have a feeling the cars that were scheduled to be built on the date those materials came available got them first and the delayed cars will take a while to work back into the system. No facts, just a hunch.

That said, remember patience is a virtue, and you will love your car when it arrives!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:44 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

@Hammer... Phew !!! The title to the thread made it sound like Porsche delivered your baby half baked without the engine or the transmission Congrats. Grey with the Spyders looks awesome !!! Looks like you did not get the Full leather... how does just the leather package look in your opinion? Compared to the 991 you have (leather?) . I am considering just the Leather package, hence I ask. And if you take your car on not-so good roads, would really like to know how the 20" wheels w/ PASM? and without Air Susp. feel.

Congrats again!!! Enjoy it.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rpilot
@Hammer... Phew !!! The title to the thread made it sound like Porsche delivered your baby half baked without the engine or the transmission Congrats. Grey with the Spyders looks awesome !!! Looks like you did not get the Full leather... how does just the leather package look in your opinion? Compared to the 991 you have (leather?) . I am considering just the Leather package, hence I ask. And if you take your car on not-so good roads, would really like to know how the 20" wheels w/ PASM? and without Air Susp. feel.

Congrats again!!! Enjoy it.
Yes, leather package on Macan, partial leather on 991, full leather on Cayenne. I am very happy with all three, and the Macan leather package is a great balance IMO.

Drove the Macan for a bit on some concrete roadways...you know, the kind with the expansion joint every 12 feet. Handled them nicely, the ride was quite good.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:41 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
Yes, leather package on Macan, partial leather on 991, full leather on Cayenne. I am very happy with all three, and the Macan leather package is a great balance IMO.

Drove the Macan for a bit on some concrete roadways...you know, the kind with the expansion joint every 12 feet. Handled them nicely, the ride was quite good.
Good to hear. Have full leather on my 991, just wanted something more casual for the Macan. Good to hear someone else say its a good balance. I am glad you like ride also. BTW, did you order the Sportdesign side skirts? or is it some dealer only configurator option for painting the sideskirts, not available on the website config?
Old 06-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rpilot
Good to hear. Have full leather on my 991, just wanted something more casual for the Macan. Good to hear someone else say its a good balance. I am glad you like ride also. BTW, did you order the Sportdesign side skirts? or is it some dealer only configurator option for painting the sideskirts, not available on the website config?
Yes, we have the painted side skirts (Sportdesign)
Old 06-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I want you to know that there is no way in hell that I'm getting the wood trim, that's not going to happen and I know that I can be a smart **** but I'm serious. The propensity towards frugality must prevail. That said, I can not deny, man you got that right.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:25 PM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice Hammer911, enjoy in good health!
Old 06-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Buckfever
And I want you to know that there is no way in hell that I'm getting the wood trim, that's not going to happen and I know that I can be a smart **** but I'm serious. The propensity towards frugality must prevail. That said, I can not deny, man you got that right.
Check the box...check the box...check the box...check the box...
Old 06-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sid_vicious
Very nice Hammer911, enjoy in good health!
Thanks Sid, although I'm just the detailer guy on this one! I suppose if i do a good job I'll get to drive it occasionally.

Hope that black 991 is treating you well!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:05 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i drove mine home, immediately started storming... car filthy and covered in dirt... and some girl vomited on the door that night after i parked it downtown next to a night club.

maybe i should claybar the vomit?

Quick Reply: Premature Macan S delivery (Pic heavy)