Macan 2014-Current

Traded Cayenne TT for Macan T

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 07:24 PM
mdbonedoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded Cayenne TT for Macan T

I am about a week into my new Macan Turbo. I traded in my 2012 Cayenne Turbo. At first I was a bit worried about the size, but it really is not bad. I have three boys, and they fit just fine in the back with all of their baseball stuff in the trunk. I must say that I am quite impressed with how tight and quick this thing is. It really handles like a really good sports sedan (not a 911). I LOVE the PDK, and the sport plus mode is a blast. I also love the new steering wheel. Overall, I am very happy and really enjoying my new ride! BTW, I would have added the gloss black trim if I had ordered it.
Attached Images   
Old 05-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!!!
Old 05-30-2014, 08:13 PM
bzliteyear
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats.
btw, didn't someone say a dealer was offering 5% off MSRP...i'm trying to find one for a friend.
PL
Old 05-30-2014, 09:27 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

which did you find to be the better vehicle of the two?
Old 05-30-2014, 10:14 PM
mdbonedoc
Instructor

Maybe it is just the euphoria of a new car, but I really love this Macan Turbo. It feels every bit as quick as my CTT was, and it is much more nimble. If you do not need the space, I think I would vote for the Macan ( and the CTT was my absolute favorite until now). It truly is a very unique vehicle. to answer the discount question, I did get a 6% discount, but I must disclose that the Porsche/Audi manager is a friend/ patient. I hope there is a Macan Turbo S in a few years!
Old 05-30-2014, 10:27 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 253 Posts

Congrats! I have the same car, just picked it up from tysons. Didn't get 6% but at least I have one.

Been driving it a week and love it more and more each day. It really is different.

Jeff
Old 05-31-2014, 12:47 AM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

what's the towing power of that ride? I was at the dealer last night, but forgot to ask this. Sweet vehicle- may be the next car I buy- sit it right beside the 993!!
Old 05-31-2014, 03:04 AM
SeaPors
Advanced

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
what's the towing power of that ride? I was at the dealer last night, but forgot to ask this. Sweet vehicle- may be the next car I buy- sit it right beside the 993!!

4,409 lb. There's a thread on this just below.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:26 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mdbonedoc
I am about a week into my new Macan Turbo. I traded in my 2012 Cayenne Turbo. At first I was a bit worried about the size, but it really is not bad. I have three boys, and they fit just fine in the back with all of their baseball stuff in the trunk. I must say that I am quite impressed with how tight and quick this thing is. It really handles like a really good sports sedan (not a 911). I LOVE the PDK, and the sport plus mode is a blast. I also love the new steering wheel. Overall, I am very happy and really enjoying my new ride! BTW, I would have added the gloss black trim if I had ordered it.
Thanks for the pics. Glad you are enjoying the car. If you get a moment, would lov to hear some detailed thoughts from you on the Sports Plus Mode vs standard Sports mode on the Macan. On the 991, I found that it is only really good to put it in SP mode and then use manual shifting with the PDK. Otherwise the engine stays on boil. Also, did the car you pick up have Air suspension. Would love to know your thougths on the quality of the air suspension in the Macan if you have it.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:03 PM
mdbonedoc
Instructor

I agree. I love the S and SP modes, but the SP mode is best with the shifters for the same reason as on the 991. The engine just revs too high. The S mode is nice and fun for daily driving. I must say, the SP mode is awesome, and I swear runs faster 0-60 than my Cayenne TT. I do have the air suspension, but in the Macan it only lowers one level. The Cayenne had two levels up and two levels down. Therefore, it is a bit gimmicky. I can't decide what level to keep it on. Hope that helps. Overall, I do really love this vehicle.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:55 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. I love the S and SP modes, but the SP mode is best with the shifters for the same reason as on the 991. The engine just revs too high. The S mode is nice and fun for daily driving. I must say, the SP mode is awesome, and I swear runs faster 0-60 than my Cayenne TT. I do have the air suspension, but in the Macan it only lowers one level. The Cayenne had two levels up and two levels down. Therefore, it is a bit gimmicky. I can't decide what level to keep it on. Hope that helps. Overall, I do really love this vehicle.
i find the air suspension useless as well, the levels are stupid and it doesn't ever want to lower after raising unless you drive which again is pointless.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:39 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 253 Posts

I've done the same thing, the revs are too high in sport plus especially during the break in period!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:55 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the review!
Old 06-02-2014, 07:46 AM
PSC
Instructor

I've now fully run in my Macan Turbo and has PASM and a Sport Plus.

I run the car permanently in the firmer ride setting and with the lower suspension setting activated. Makes a massive difference to the handling.

When pressing on I go to Sports Plus and flick lever one side so that car only changes gear on paddle shift, otherwise hunts too much.

The only disappointment is the engine note as you rise up the rev range. It sounds good at idle (standard setting on start up meaty but quickly subdues, Sport raises the noise and Sport Plus a bit more). However engine sounds too anodyne at about 5,000 - 7,000.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:51 AM
Louis.E
Advanced

Yes, not very offensive at high revs. Porsche is making a very good case for up selling a sport exhaust. That option list just designed to grow like none other.

Quick Reply: Traded Cayenne TT for Macan T