Notices
Macan 2014-Current

got the Macan Today..

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 01:13 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 67 Posts

any chance you could take some shots outside and full length without cropping the cars? I know it's tough in a garage space like that. From your pics they really don't appear much different in size. Just a tad shorter roof height on the Macan. Is that your impression in person as well?
Old 05-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Interesting...I found the Macan to seem smaller than I expected, but my frame of reference is the 957 Cayenne (I think the 958 Cayennes seem smaller too due to the more rounded features.)
Old 05-21-2014, 02:47 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

If the new Cayenne gets as nice a rear end and interior as the Macan, it will be a real looker. I've never liked the tail lights on the latest Cayennes. The first edition looked better in the rear IMO.
Rijowysock's photos of the front of the 2 cars remind me of 2 sharks.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:38 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

wow! you got yours already! And a turbo!!

I went to the launch at my local dealer last week. With pano roof I was surprised how good the rear head room was dispite what others have claimed. It was a non issue for me. ( I am 6ft.)

Love the comparison photos with the cayenne. Thanks so much for sharing. You are awesome
Old 05-21-2014, 07:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

will get more pics soon, just been busy guys..
Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 PM
mrwonder
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
I have to say I'm surprised. I thought there'd be a bigger size difference. Also the white looks quite good. Thanks for the pics.
+1. Great comparison photos BTW!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:54 PM
Nicoli35
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks a lot for the thread, info, and pics. looking forward to more. Sales rep called me today saying he had one or two on the lot to test drive, I'm pretty interested in one of these, S probably.

oops and yes, nice vehicles (as usual) R Congrats and enjoy.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:24 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
the "S" should finish PPI tomorrow.... looking forward to seating position differences and feel w/ alcantara inserts.
Hey, do you have any updates on this? I'm debating 14 way partial leathers vs 8 way base seats (I actually like the alcantara inserts, and like to save the extra dough), and the car I might be ordering locks soon. I sat in the 8 ways, and being that I'm sensitive to lumbar support and really tall, I found they couldn't used a liiiitle extra support there, but thinking it might be worth it to save some money, and get a high quality portable lumbar support thingy for when I'd need it.

Any notable pros/cons of the alcantara seats? Materials, comfort and support?

It'd be majorly appreciated! Thanks.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:43 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Hey, do you have any updates on this? I'm debating 14 way partial leathers vs 8 way base seats (I actually like the alcantara inserts, and like to save the extra dough), and the car I might be ordering locks soon. I sat in the 8 ways, and being that I'm sensitive to lumbar support and really tall, I found they couldn't used a liiiitle extra support there, but thinking it might be worth it to save some money, and get a high quality portable lumbar support thingy for when I'd need it.

Any notable pros/cons of the alcantara seats? Materials, comfort and support?

It'd be majorly appreciated! Thanks.
i like my seats, the suede is fine on black.. horrible on beige..

if you have back issues i would rec the nicer seats... they are much tighter and feel much better. the cheap ones have no adjustmnt really.

Quick Reply: got the Macan Today..