Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Launch Event 5/22

Just got the invite. Any requests?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:48 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer's launch event is this coming Saturday the 17th. They called me today to see if I was coming. Plan to go, will take pics if they have any interesting versions. Would be better if I was going to pick mine up instead of look at theirs! Only a month or so away…...
Old 05-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw an S and a Turbo at my dealer today, they arrived late last night with another truckload to follow tonight or tomorrow. These two were pre-sold cars. S is blue with agate leather, turbo is white with black. Hadn't been cleaned and prepped yet, but the fit and finish looked excellent. The textured side blades were fairly understated on the dark colored car. I think they will look great (unpainted) on my wife's agate car which should arrive in three weeks or so.
Beautiful cars, well proportioned. Seemed smaller overall than I expected. Dealer is getting his two demo cars tomorrow, looking forward to driving.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:25 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wheel well gap pics, please. As many as you can, from as FAR AWAY as you can , and with camera angle level with the center of the wheel IF YOU CAN. Yes, it means crouching a bit, but if you can it would be great. At the same time, knowing for sure if the cars have PASM or not, Air suspension or not (which you can look inside and see both the PASM and AS buttons on the lower left side of the button array by the shifter).

I also would not mind your opinion on the rear window visibility and rear / side window visibility (the kind you need to change lanes) out of the car.

Finally, if they have a Macan with the package VF (Leather Package, NOT full leather ).. Leather package is standard on the Turbo.. Is the door panel area right above the armrest and BELOW the opening lever/(alu, wood, black trim area), covered in leather also. I know with the full leather interior it is, but Porsche has stated different things in different places about this as it relates to the leather package.

Thanks.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rpilot
Wheel well gap pics, please. As many as you can, from as FAR AWAY as you can , and with camera angle level with the center of the wheel IF YOU CAN. Yes, it means crouching a bit, but if you can it would be great. At the same time, knowing for sure if the cars have PASM or not, Air suspension or not (which you can look inside and see both the PASM and AS buttons on the lower left side of the button array by the shifter).

I also would not mind your opinion on the rear window visibility and rear / side window visibility (the kind you need to change lanes) out of the car.

Finally, if they have a Macan with the package VF (Leather Package, NOT full leather ).. Leather package is standard on the Turbo.. Is the door panel area right above the armrest and BELOW the opening lever/(alu, wood, black trim area), covered in leather also. I know with the full leather interior it is, but Porsche has stated different things in different places about this as it relates to the leather package.

Thanks.
I will probably go by for another look today. I think my wife snapped a couple pics yesterday, let me see what she got.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:36 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Saw a Black and a white one. Both w/ 21's. The Fender gap on the Blk one was ok, but looked big on the white Macan.
BOth were nice cars but I've decided to stay w/ my Cayenne S. The Macan is simply too small for my needs.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:39 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Here are shots of one of the Macans I saw last night. This car has AS.
To tell you the truth, looking at the car from a normal perspective, I hardly noticed the gap. This is a SUV, not a 911.
Attached Images   
Old 05-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Buckfever
Racer

So 2 launch events and I'm working on arranging a test drive. Just my schedule is so tough the next 6 weeks though.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:37 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Saw one in dark blue at the dealer, same as mine. Gets here next week.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:51 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

drove Macan S for an hour today - really enjoyed the car. Wife is very happy with her choice, which should arrive mid-june. i snapped a number of pics (including wheel gaps) and will post tomorrow
Old 05-18-2014, 09:15 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 310 Posts

Im curious to know what the tow ratings are for these models with the tow pkg option.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
Im curious to know what the tow ratings are for these models with the tow pkg option.
Around 5400-5500 lbs. Going to try to tow my GT3 with it which is why I got the air suspension.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Melb-Mike
Instructor

Porsche of Melbourne had a big unveiling this Friday (May 16th). This was our first car unveiling at the dealer so we didn't know what to expect. The event was big enough that they had to have offsite parking and run shuttles to and from the dealership. Once there, they had an open liquor and wine bar going as well as a caterer with some very tasty ordeuvres. Then we were treated to a couple of guys with spring blades on their feet doing flips over the camera crew and each other. Never saw anything like that. They also had a climbing wall with a couple of guys that kept racing each other up the wall for about an hour. With about 80 to 90 people attending, they unveiled the one Macan inside the showroom with some loud rock music, and simultaneously raising the cover on the one outside as well. The one outside was a pearl white model S with a sticker price of $98,550. I think it had everything you can get in one. The seats were absolutely the most comfortable seats I ever sat in and would love to put them in my 996, and even more so in my Corvette which is notorious for ****ty seats. Beautiful little SUV which is targeting the BMW X3 and maybe the Lexus RX400. Too little for us to be of use, and way to expensive to be a consideration but I can see how they will likely succeed. The fit and finish is nothing short of Porsche excellence.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Well the event is tomorrow. And while I feel I've come late to the game on this ride, I think the generous contributions have ramped me up quite well.

But I do wonder having spent so much time parsing the nuance how it will strike me. It's surreal to me that I've spent so much time on something I haven't even seen.

Keep the midnight oil burning boys and girls. Hopefully I have something for you late tomorrow night.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:56 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 943 Likes on 574 Posts

Event at Porsche North Scottsdale tonight- was PACKED, could barely get close to it. White S not overly optioned. Not the real way to see a new vehicle- if you really want to see one up close, don't bother with a launch party unless your dealer is in the middle of nowhere.

Nice looking and good size- love our Q5 TDI and will be keeping it for a while. Will definitely consider a diesel S in a couple years though.

Quick Reply: Launch Event 5/22