Macan 2014-Current

Pedal Commander

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2024 | 12:17 PM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Very easy plug and play.

These folks sell a good unit for the Base. I have it. https://burgertuning.com/collections/volkswagen-audi

These folks do most of the engines. https://www.racechip.us/chip-tuning/porsche.html
So I just bought the Group 7: JB4 SENT Tuner with Bluetooth 4.0 compatible iOS and Android device.
Old 09-16-2024 | 12:17 PM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

I will keep the steering wheel on my future list
Old 09-16-2024 | 12:20 PM
wbferran
Instructor

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
I did too, one of my favorite mods for it's ease and flawless, OE plug and play experience.
Ok, lots of back and forth and it gets a bit confusing for the novice. The discussion now involves the pedal commander, sport chrono and piggyback tuner. As well as talk about steering wheel replacement. I am familiar with pedal commander, but not the sport chrono or piggyback tuner. Without actually naming the specific mod in the reply, it can get a bit confusing.

Can someone provide some clarity regarding these three options? With my S, if it desire better response, I just slap it over into manual and get more aggressive with my foot. Thx
The following users liked this post:
Sajan (09-16-2024)
Old 09-16-2024 | 01:47 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RBC3
So I just bought the Group 7: JB4 SENT Tuner with Bluetooth 4.0 compatible iOS and Android device.
Great, let us know how you like it.

There are videos posted on YouTube that can aid you with the install.
Old 09-17-2024 | 06:14 AM
BlueJay73
Rennlist Member

2023 Macan S
I LOVE my Pedal Commander. It transforms the car (truck/vehicle). The sluggish, delayed throttle response is terrible and IMO dangerous when you want instant power to cross an intersection. I am a light footed throttle guy, and I want a sensitive pedal with instant response in my street car (I have a race car, so I am comfortable flooring it as well). The PC can be tuned to be as sensitive as you want it. My Sport Chrono increases INITIAL throttle response somewhat (but not as much as the PC can), but the SC holds the gears in a higher RPM than I want when I'm driving down a neighborhood or trafficy street. Most times I do not use the paddle shifters. I have never thrown a code or gone into limp mode or anything else (PC warns you not to change the settings on it while your foot is pressing the throttle, or those things could possibly happen; although I did it and nothing happened). Just out of curiosity, I set it at the highest setting (in a parking lot) and the throttle was so sensitive that the slightest pressure made the car violently launch; it was undriveable).
Old 09-17-2024 | 03:47 PM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Great, let us know how you like it.

There are videos posted on YouTube that can aid you with the install.
I found one from an Audi SQ7, but haven't seen many for my year. Will keep looking. I have been emailing George over at Burger Tuning for pictures and such. Super nice guy!!
Old 09-17-2024 | 03:48 PM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlueJay73
2023 Macan S
I LOVE my Pedal Commander. It transforms the car (truck/vehicle). The sluggish, delayed throttle response is terrible and IMO dangerous when you want instant power to cross an intersection. I am a light footed throttle guy, and I want a sensitive pedal with instant response in my street car (I have a race car, so I am comfortable flooring it as well). The PC can be tuned to be as sensitive as you want it. My Sport Chrono increases INITIAL throttle response somewhat (but not as much as the PC can), but the SC holds the gears in a higher RPM than I want when I'm driving down a neighborhood or trafficy street. Most times I do not use the paddle shifters. I have never thrown a code or gone into limp mode or anything else (PC warns you not to change the settings on it while your foot is pressing the throttle, or those things could possibly happen; although I did it and nothing happened). Just out of curiosity, I set it at the highest setting (in a parking lot) and the throttle was so sensitive that the slightest pressure made the car violently launch; it was undriveable).
I found another company called Roar Pedal. It was only $150, and found some GTF owners who have used it and liked it. So I am going to give it a try, and will report back.
Old 09-17-2024 | 06:29 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

I found one from an Audi SQ7, but haven't seen many for my year. Will keep looking. I have been emailing George over at Burger Tuning for pictures and such. Super nice guy!!
The install guide that comes with the box is pretty straightforward. and the connectors are easy. The OBD-II cable is the more involved part. I opted to run the cable down the fender and through the doorsill/hinge area vs. through the firewall. Its much easier to work in that area vs under the dash and firewall, and easier to remove for any warranty purposes.
Old 09-17-2024 | 07:19 PM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

The install guide that comes with the box is pretty straightforward. and the connectors are easy. The OBD-II cable is the more involved part. I opted to run the cable down the fender and through the doorsill/hinge area vs. through the firewall. Its much easier to work in that area vs under the dash and firewall, and easier to remove for any warranty purposes.
Do you have a picture for reference?
Old 09-18-2024 | 05:36 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Do you have a picture for reference?
In the first photo, the wire travels from the JB4 unit down the fender wire harness highlighted with the flashlight.

It then travels down through a bulkhead passage (that perfectly fits the wire connector) and then hrough the door hinge area. It enters the car through an existing sealed hole which then leads directly to the footwell. It's all completely hidden unless you specifically dig for it. You don't see any wires hanging anywhere. Some may find the firewall pass-through method easier, but I simply hate working in that area.

Last edited by BMinSFL; 09-18-2024 at 05:38 AM.
Old 09-18-2024 | 09:34 AM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

I found another company called Roar Pedal. It was only $150, and found some GTF owners who have used it and liked it. So I am going to give it a try, and will report back.
I have the Roar Pedal in my 2023 base Macan. I've been happy with it for a year now. Just follow the directions closely and play with the adjustments until you find your happy place. I ended up on SPORT 1.
RBC3 (09-18-2024)
Old 09-18-2024 | 10:25 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

So, two different approaches being discussed here. One, the Roar Pedal and its variants. Two, the Burger JB tune. From my reading, the pedal variants are not invasive and can be more easily removed for dealership service; they do not increase HP, just throttle response time. The piggybacks actually increase HP, but the jury is out on whether the dealership can detect their installation, even after they have been removed for service. IMHO, if the pedal variant does what you want, go with that one. Less risk when it comes to warranty claims.
Old 09-18-2024 | 07:46 PM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

In the first photo, the wire travels from the JB4 unit down the fender wire harness highlighted with the flashlight.

It then travels down through a bulkhead passage (that perfectly fits the wire connector) and then hrough the door hinge area. It enters the car through an existing sealed hole which then leads directly to the footwell. It's all completely hidden unless you specifically dig for it. You don't see any wires hanging anywhere. Some may find the firewall pass-through method easier, but I simply hate working in that area.

Thanks for the pictures and explanation!!
Old 09-18-2024 | 07:49 PM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WillinEvergreen
So, two different approaches being discussed here. One, the Roar Pedal and its variants. Two, the Burger JB tune. From my reading, the pedal variants are not invasive and can be more easily removed for dealership service; they do not increase HP, just throttle response time. The piggybacks actually increase HP, but the jury is out on whether the dealership can detect their installation, even after they have been removed for service. IMHO, if the pedal variant does what you want, go with that one. Less risk when it comes to warranty claims.
You are correct. I started researching the lag from going from a dead stop. Then I started learning about the piggyback, which then I found a used one for a steal with the Bluetooth connection. We have a shop that only works on Porsche/Audi/VW that we use, so they will do anything that isn't warranty work and won't have to worry about them. Literally been taking them cars for 25 years.
WillinEvergreen (09-19-2024)
Old 09-21-2024 | 12:55 AM
RBC3
Rennlist Member

Would you take another picture of the actual unit? I was looking over the engine bay today preparing for the install, and it looked tight to place that unit where you have it. I remembered the picture when I was looking at mine thinking I need to see his from another vantage point. I welcome any who have a unit mounted there for suggestions. Also, where did you attach the ground?

Quick Reply: Pedal Commander