Macan 2014-Current

Macan Flat6 airbox and filter mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2024, 08:10 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by WillinEvergreen
There is no way the dealer can tell it has been installed on the car.

I don't think that is true. I have read on several other sites that the increased peak pressures and revs (or whatever) caused by the JB1/4 are recorded and can be detected by the dealership, potentially voiding the warranty. That is the only reason I don't install one.
I keep this in my "Macan Reference" folder should I ever need to bring the vehicle in for a drivetrain related failure. This should be the solution to what you're looking for.

The following users liked this post:
Carlo_Carrera (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 10:17 AM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,576 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Originally Posted by WillinEvergreen
There is no way the dealer can tell it has been installed on the car.

I don't think that is true. I have read on several other sites that the increased peak pressures and revs (or whatever) caused by the JB1/4 are recorded and can be detected by the dealership, potentially voiding the warranty. That is the only reason I don't install one.
They can see the engine performance history but they can not prove what caused it if the box is removed the history wiped as described above. The warranty is 100% safe.

There are some Porsche/VW/Audi dealership selling and installing these and other tune boxes.

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 07-17-2024 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2024, 05:18 PM
steveo17
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
I keep this in my "Macan Reference" folder should I ever need to bring the vehicle in for a drivetrain related failure. This should be the solution to what you're looking for.

would this also apply after removing a Cobb tune?
Old 07-17-2024, 05:22 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

Originally Posted by steveo17
would this also apply after removing a Cobb tune?
No, a full tune that flashes the ecu would leave a permanent flash record and there is no way around that to my knowledge.
Old 07-17-2024, 05:24 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
They can see the engine performance history but they can not prove what caused it if the box is removed the history wiped as described above. The warranty is 100% safe.

There are some Porsche/VW/Audi dealership selling and installing these and other tune boxes.
Dealerships don't provide the warranty, Porsche does, so any dealer covering drivetrain malfunctions while tuned are either doing it through a separate dealer warranty or somehow fraudulently concealing that the vehicle was modified when they send the into for Porsche to examine for warranty coverage.
Old 07-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,576 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
.....somehow fraudulently concealing that the vehicle was modified when they send the into for Porsche to examine for warranty coverage.
It honestly doesn't happen much. A VW dealership near me is also the largest APR dealer in the area. They have tuned many VW, Audis and Porsches. I do not know of a single warranty claim or issue. Modern tunes done by the right people are super safe and completely reversible.

Other dealers use the piggyback boxes. Occasionally those will throw codes when pushed to max but can be simply dialed back a bit and then all good.

Last edited by Carlo_Carrera; 07-17-2024 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2024, 08:01 AM
WillinEvergreen
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Good to know!
Old 07-21-2024, 09:01 AM
mtalinm
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I did the flat6 induction system but with Cobb filters because of fit issues I'd read about with flat6 filters.
install is simple enough that even I could do it myself. i also applied their stage 1+ ECU map, which they say takes advantage of higher airflow. definitely noticed a difference over the stage-1 alone, though i can't say how much of that was the intake vs. the filter vs. the 1+ map.
I love that it growls more, even though my passengers always think the engine's about to blow up.

Quick Reply: Macan Flat6 airbox and filter mod