Notices
Macan 2014-Current

ICE Macan to end in 2026

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 04:51 PM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 156 Likes on 118 Posts

First world problems, but with the ICE Macan gone, what will us ICE Porsche owners use for service loaners? I assume they project the demographic of EV vs. ICE owners in for service will flip as they transition. Morseo than other brands, I can forsee a large population of ICE Porsche's in for service well past when the Macan and Cayenne transition, whenever that may be. ICE cars generally need more maintenance and service than EV also, so it will be interesting, to see if they switch to an ICE Panamera or even 911 once the rest are phased out.
Old 07-15-2024, 05:47 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,483 Likes on 1,567 Posts

None of that is going to happen.
Old 07-15-2024, 06:18 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Audi also claims they are going "all electric" in the next few years but since Audi's EV sales are tanking world wide those plans, just like Porsche's plans, will drastically change once their respective CEOs realize their companies will go bankrupt soon after they go "all electric."

The ICE Macan will continue, as will the ICE Q5, and Porsche will introduce special ICE models of the 718 in the future. Remaining profitable will force them to do so.
100% in agreement with this.

When you think about the magnitude of the investment that these companies have in each of their total enterprises, to think that they would commit to and risk all of that by standing firm on a "all or nothing" strategy to go 100% electric is ridiculous. These folks understand fully how fluid the situation is and most specifically how overall negative the general consumer sentiment is toward EV's. (These vehicles are languishing on dealer lots for a reason.)

And one not so crazy thought that has some relationship to this topic is the notion that the upcoming US Presidential election outcome may be that Trump returns to office. He most certainly will roll back the mandate for EV adoption. All of the auto manufacturers are acutely aware of this as a distinct possibility, if not a probability at this point.

The following 3 users liked this post by Ironman88:
Carlo_Carrera (07-15-2024), DoubleDare (07-16-2024), WasabiPeas (07-16-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 07:31 PM
jobunaga
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by ehanauer
A Macan hybrid that goes about 50 miles on battery would be the best of both worlds.
My wife drives a 330e and I think it's quite good. Electric motor at low speeds, gas engine at high speeds with both kicking at full throttle. I would totally jump on a Macan hybrid with similar drivetrain characteristics.
Old 07-15-2024, 07:52 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 400 Posts

Macan is the top seller in the lineup that supports the continued development & production of the 911. Without the Macan success guess where the 911 would be today. The masses are not ready for EV; current sales trends support that. I am confident that someone at corporate will wave the white flag & stop the madness, albeit, with a new CEO. Sound familiar? Look at Porsche history the last time this happened & and the result.
History does indeed repeat itself.
The following 2 users liked this post by rwbern:
dak911 (07-16-2024), WasabiPeas (07-16-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 09:25 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,483 Likes on 1,567 Posts

Originally Posted by jobunaga
...I would totally jump on a Macan hybrid with similar drivetrain characteristics.
I am sure many others would as well. CEOs will figure this out soon enough.
Old 07-15-2024, 11:01 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
Agreed, that's a good point, at least vis-a-vis the Macan.. I wonder what their plans for the Q5 are.
New Q5 in 2025 until 2033. Then no Ice Q5.
Old 07-16-2024, 01:41 AM
Mike981S
Pro

Received 404 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
I don't see how they can bring the ICE versions of these cars back later as a fallback measure, the way so many people think. These decisions have to be made long in advance -- a big chunk of a decade -- because the factory tooling and supply chains are so radically different for a BEV that is being built on an all-new platform.

This is a one-way ride, folks.
Actually the factory tooling was recently changed in Stuttgart to allow BEV and ICE cars to be assembled on the same lines... So I think Porsche will be able to adjust fairly easily.

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
First world problems, but with the ICE Macan gone, what will us ICE Porsche owners use for service loaners? I assume they project the demographic of EV vs. ICE owners in for service will flip as they transition. Morseo than other brands, I can forsee a large population of ICE Porsche's in for service well past when the Macan and Cayenne transition, whenever that may be. ICE cars generally need more maintenance and service than EV also, so it will be interesting, to see if they switch to an ICE Panamera or even 911 once the rest are phased out.
yeah.... just a few years after our dealer finally went from arbitrary Enterprise Rentals to Macans and Panameras... I guess maybe we get 924s?
Old 07-19-2024, 01:32 PM
BHSAAA
Advanced

Received 90 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
interesting: been reading that EVs are less maintenance in some areas, they actually require more service than ICE cars. Hertz’s foray in to rentals of EVs and their reversal has been cited
The following users liked this post:
dak911 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 149 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Actually the factory tooling was recently changed in Stuttgart to allow BEV and ICE cars to be assembled on the same lines... So I think Porsche will be able to adjust fairly easily.

yeah.... just a few years after our dealer finally went from arbitrary Enterprise Rentals to Macans and Panameras... I guess maybe we get 924s?
Back to Enterprise Say no to EV's

Quick Reply: ICE Macan to end in 2026