Notices
Macan 2014-Current

What is the preferred suspension for a new GTS, Air or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 04:36 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 907 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by rob944s2
I have the raised 10mm version. Question for those of you with the lower version: Does your vehicle "auto level" when getting in and out of the car?
Yes it does.
Old 07-05-2024, 02:40 PM
stever996
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
That no cost option is a trap for Porsche newbies. While I can understand why some may want to raise their low ground clearance sports car 911 or 718 GTS 10mm higher, it makes zero sense for this to be offered or chosen on a higher ground clearance CUV Macan where the air suspension can raise the vehicle more at the touch of a button. This option was not available for the GTS earlier on but apparently it was available on the Turbo but I still don't know what the use case for choosing this would be.
Wouldn't 12" of snow on my 300 yard driveway be a good reason to raise the ground clearance?
Old 07-05-2024, 02:59 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 907 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by stever996
Wouldn't 12" of snow on my 300 yard driveway be a good reason to raise the ground clearance?
The raised suspension option raises it up by 10mm more which is 0.4". That isn't going to make any difference with 12" of snow. If you have to content with 12" of snow over 300 yards, you need a real truck.
Old 07-05-2024, 08:30 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Received 174 Likes on 126 Posts

I have mine in 'low mode' all the time, thru the individual drive mode (plus sport engine, and comfort shocks). And when I get out of the car, I hear air suspension noises, but don't notice the height changing noticeably. So not sure what's going on, but probably the bladders just bleeding any remnant pressure. What is supposed to happen when you turn off the engine? Go down, or go up? I assume go down, right? Since mine is already low, the difference is probably very little, so I don't notice it. But will pay closer attention next time, and relay that to you.

Last edited by JCtx; 07-05-2024 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2024, 04:11 AM
DR_DFW
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JCtx
I have mine in 'low mode' all the time, thru the individual drive mode (plus sport engine, and comfort shocks). And when I get out of the car, I hear air suspension noises, but don't notice the height changing noticeably. So not sure what's going on, but probably the bladders just bleeding any remnant pressure. What is supposed to happen when you turn off the engine? Go down, or go up? I assume go down, right? Since mine is already low, the difference is probably very little, so I don't notice it. But will pay closer attention next time, and relay that to you.
Same here. Always set to lowest setting and I do not see any movement when I get out of the vehicle.
Old 07-06-2024, 08:50 AM
nevil
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by stever996
A snow plow would be a better solution. Kind of kidding, because I'm sure you're already clearing deep snow.
The following users liked this post:
supercup (07-09-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 10:29 AM
mark8
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DR_DFW
Same here. Always set to lowest setting and I do not see any movement when I get out of the vehicle.
I have been paying more attention to this lately. So when I park the car, turn it off, and get out and close the door, the air suspension lowers about an inch. I'm always in low setting. So perhaps when the car is parked it raises up slightly for ease of exiting? I have no idea. And when I open the rear hatch the back end lowers about an inch. When I close it it raises back up. Definitely seems to be some kind of comfort entry type settings, but I have that turned off (my seat and steering wheel do not move when I turn off the car).
Old 07-08-2024, 12:42 AM
ajmza
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the standard (lowered) Air Suspension on my '21 Macan GTS. It is still one of the most comfortable cars I've ever been in, and it makes seemingly no difference to comfort whether its in the Lower or Higher setting. And even on the Lower setting I've never scraped on a driveway, speed bump or curb.
The following 2 users liked this post by ajmza:
Midnight Blue (07-16-2024), supercup (07-09-2024)

Quick Reply: What is the preferred suspension for a new GTS, Air or not?