Macan 2014-Current

Is there any difference in Performance

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 12:06 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by malibu515
As an alternative, does the Macan GTS suffer in ride quality if I have my mechanic lower the car ? Would it defeat the PASM that comes with the car ?
This depends on what method is used to lower it more and by how much. If you use links that lower it more than an inch, I'm sure you would feel a compromise in ride quality. It would not defeat PASM but may make it work a bit harder. Another method is installing a ride height control module like the ones from CETE or Techart. That will give you a broad range of adjustability.

I had my dealership lower mine an additional 10mm through reprogramming of the parameters via their PIWIS diagnostic software. I chose this method because they didn't charge me anything to do it and I'm confident that it doesn't have any long term negative impact on my PASM shocks. I feel no compromise in ride comfort.
The following users liked this post:
mark8 (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 02:40 PM
mark8
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
This depends on what method is used to lower it more and by how much. If you use links that lower it more than an inch, I'm sure you would feel a compromise in ride quality. It would not defeat PASM but may make it work a bit harder. Another method is installing a ride height control module like the ones from CETE or Techart. That will give you a broad range of adjustability.

I had my dealership lower mine an additional 10mm through reprogramming of the parameters via their PIWIS diagnostic software. I chose this method because they didn't charge me anything to do it and I'm confident that it doesn't have any long term negative impact on my PASM shocks. I feel no compromise in ride comfort.
What was the cost like to have the dealer do it? And did you lower a GTS or a Turbo?
Old 05-24-2024, 03:31 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by mark8
What was the cost like to have the dealer do it? And did you lower a GTS or a Turbo?
Per my comment, my dealer didn't charge me anything for it. I have a very good relationship with my service advisor. YMMV.
I have a GTS.

Quick Reply: Is there any difference in Performance