Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Finally got my Macan S

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 03:11 PM
stever996
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the look! PPF...is the console work DIY, or did a professional do the work?
That makes a Macan MUCH better.
The following users liked this post:
CincyRovers (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 03:14 PM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by stever996
I like the look! PPF...is the console work DIY, or did a professional do the work?
That makes a Macan MUCH better.
I paid someone to do it, but IMO they didn't do a "professional" job. It isn't bad enough to the point where I want to have it redone, but when that time comes I'll take it to my buddy who owns a PPF/wrap shop.
Old 05-21-2024, 02:10 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I installed my clear markers. I got LED ones instead of the ones that Flat6Motorsports sells (which are incandescent bulbs like the factory amber ones). I don't know why Porsche puts in incandescent bulbs on the side markers when all the other lamps are LED. There are no OEM side markers -- both the LED ones and the incandescent ones are made in China. I had a bad experience with clear incandescent side markers from China on a Mercedes. The heat from the incandescent bulb melted the housing of the side marker, and water leaked in, burning out the bulb. Since LEDs don't generate heat, I won't have that problem with my LED clear markers. BTW, the same seller has smoked LED side markers in case you have a dark-colored car.

Installation took about an hour for both sides (45 minutes for the first one and 15 minutes for the other one). You have pull back the fender liner after removing torx fasteners. I removed 5 torx fasteners to make pulling back the fender liner easier but it was still hard. Next you have to pop out the side marker, which you'd have to do to replace the OEM incandescent bulb even if you didn't install a clear side marker. This part is a little bit of trial-and-error. The LED plugs into the slot where an incandescent bulb would go. There's also a resister (so that you don't get a bulb-out warning) that just dangles in the slot inside the bumper. Flat6motorsports has a good video on the installation.

Last edited by Long Islander; 05-21-2024 at 02:20 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Long Islander:
chassis (05-21-2024), CincyRovers (05-21-2024), mark8 (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 03:10 PM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Looks great! Gotta get the colored center caps next!

Quick Reply: Finally got my Macan S