Macan 2014-Current

Macan Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2024, 05:10 AM
BusDrrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan Car Cover

Looking for recommendations for an outdoor car cover. Short term storage. A few days to a week outside for a garage project. Gen 3 Macan GTS. Thanks!
Old 04-23-2024, 09:07 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Just get the OEM Porsche cover.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku95bocc.html
Old 04-23-2024, 09:23 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,425 Likes on 614 Posts

My friend (who is a retired commercial airline pilot) would drive his Macan to the airport, and put on the same cover (Suncoast OEM), linked above. He found it easy to get on/off. It held up well to all types of weather in all seasons. He also used a similar cover on his 981 Cayman GTS, and uses a similar cover on his 993. He’s a lifetime RL guy but he’s never online. I’m certain if he saw this thread he’d endorse the OEM outdoor cover. In fact, I helped him pick up his 993 from inside winter storage (an immaculate building where you could eat off the floor), and he used the OEM cover to keep the car dust-free over the winter. It “suction-cupped” to the windshield, and then you simply folded it toward the middle and then it zips itself into a bag. You do the reverse to put it on the car. Easy.

I’m not sure if the latest covers still have the suction cup (his cover is many years old), but even if not, they are good quality and hold up well based on my friend’s experience.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:42 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

One thing I should mention about car covers is that you should only use one on a clean and dry car. If you put one on a car that's not perfectly clean, you could scratch the car because of the dust and dirt moving around on the surface of the car -- not to mention that you would get the underside of the cover dirty, which will get on the car the next time you use it.
The following users liked this post:
Penstamin (04-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Macan Car Cover