Macan 2014-Current

2019 MACAN S 3.0T build

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 12:15 PM
ChalkLine
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2019 MACAN S 3.0T build

After looking for 6 months, I finally found a deal in a color I wanted. A 2019 S in Chalk. Blackout package with Torque Vectoring. I had no intention of modifying the car but once I found out the support of this 3.0T engine, it was game over for me. I can't leave well enough alone.
I've ordered the following mods so far. I'm now waiting for them all to arrive to start work. 034 meth tap plate

Meth kit w/controller

BMC filter

390mm front BBK

forged carbon lip kit

Forged carbon interior

Forged carbon steering wheel

GTS Valved exhaust

Clear taillight kit

KW Coilovers

Cobb

Flat 6 stage 2+ custom tune => next phase will be a larger turbo that will be dyno tuned at Flat6 w/ Jon

Guage faces

Steering wheel paddle extension

Door & Center console speaker covers

Puddle lights

Dashcam

Rear lid control module

TGK swaybar kit w/ adj drop links

CAP rear subframe bushing inserts

CTS sport trans mount kit

JHM rear diff bushing inserts

IE high flow HPFP

Forge recirculation valve kit

Forge recirc to BOV adapter

CAP boost pipe kit

100 cel downpipe

IE Turbo inlet kit

FCP trans/diff/trans case/engine oil service kit

Spark Plug Set (2 Stages Colder) - Audi 3.0T | BKR9EIX-KT6

Full Infinity Kappa speaker upgrade

Should be fun to see what this girl can do

Last edited by ChalkLine; 04-02-2024 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 11:47 AM
Tormeno
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a 2017 S is it the same engine or was there an update in the 2019 S? Also can these things really boogie reliably?
Old 04-05-2024, 12:30 PM
ChalkLine
Intermediate

Different motors. The 2019 uses the 3.0T top mount single turbo. Sooooo much easier to work on and modify. Most of the mods come from an Audi SQ5.
Old 04-21-2024, 10:53 PM
ChalkLine
Intermediate

Cobb, IE Big bore intake, bmc air filter, forged recirc valve, forged carbon interior and exterior accents, pedal commander, 12/15mm wheel spacers done.

up next is my 390/356mm brake upgrade.

Old 04-22-2024, 06:10 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 113 Posts

Nice progress. What is the donor vehicle for the brakes and will they be ok with your existing master cylinder, or are you swapping that also?

Are you keeping those wheels? I had that set and couldn't get to liking them paired with a black car but they already look better with spacers. I'm curious to see how they look with the coilovers.

​​​​​​I'm thinking the exterior accents would look better with the black plastic parts painted since now there's a few different textures on the exterior, but If you are good with it, that's all that matters.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
ChalkLine
Intermediate

I’m using Taycan front calipers, front and rear 2018 Macan Turbo rotors, and 2018 rear Macan Turbo brake caliper carriers. I’m going to run Hawk pads as I can’t stand how much dust the factory pads produce. You don’t need to upgrade the MC bc the piston sizes don’t change. They were only increased on the PCCB brakes.

I typically hate carbon but it truly works well on the Chalk color. It was hard to capture. Not everything is for everyone. The factory wheels have REALLY grown on me. I will lower it before swapping new wheels on just to see it. I want to run 21 over 20.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:41 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ChalkLine
I’m using Taycan front calipers, front and rear 2018 Macan Turbo rotors, and 2018 rear Macan Turbo brake caliper carriers. I’m going to run Hawk pads as I can’t stand how much dust the factory pads produce. You don’t need to upgrade the MC bc the piston sizes don’t change. They were only increased on the PCCB brakes.

I typically hate carbon but it truly works well on the Chalk color. It was hard to capture. Not everything is for everyone. The factory wheels have REALLY grown on me. I will lower it before swapping new wheels on just to see it. I want to run 21 over 20.
Nice, its great to see a cross-platform upgrade, thats one of my favorite ways to mod. I've done a similar brake upgrade on a Mercedes platform, its nice when it all just bolts together.

If you keep the wheels, I have been experimenting with different tire sizing to cut down on the sidewall bulge, weight, and improve the look and handling over the OE 20" tire sizes. I am now using a 285/40/20 Michelin PS4 from a Taycan and a generic 255/45/20 Michelin PS4S to keep the OE tire size ratios. I think the combination is fantastic for both handling and looks. Even though I have an OE forged 21" set of wheels with the smaller sidewall, the 20" wheels feel better. I think your setup will look pretty good with your current wheels but its hard to argue against 21" for their looks.

I look forward to your impressions of the larger sway bars. I installed thicker H&R bars and they were a huge improvement to the steel spring setup.

Last edited by BMinSFL; 04-22-2024 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 MACAN S 3.0T build