Macan 2014-Current

Help - replaced indicator stalk and now multiple errors

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 01:27 AM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts
Default Help - replaced indicator stalk and now multiple errors

My wife unfortunately snapped the indicator stalk and so I bought a new indicator/lights/windshieldwiper/speed control mechanism

Disconnected the battery
Took off the airbag, wheel and stalk apparatus and replaced. Hooked up all the electrics in reverse order, connected the battery and everything works beautifully in all 3 stalks and car drives fine except

Air conditioner/fan does not blow air
Errors showing
AWD fault - only RWD although when I watch the display it looks like fronts are driving as well
Headlight range regulation defective
Steering support limited - tried the fix with steering wheel at extremes and did not clear
PSM failure

I have driven about 10 miles with about 5 on off cycles and no improvement

Any ideas?

2017 Base Macan out of warranty for 3 years but no real issues
Old 04-22-2024, 10:11 AM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,172 Posts

Originally Posted by craig66
My wife unfortunately snapped the indicator stalk and so I bought a new indicator/lights/windshieldwiper/speed control mechanism

Disconnected the battery
Took off the airbag, wheel and stalk apparatus and replaced. Hooked up all the electrics in reverse order, connected the battery and everything works beautifully in all 3 stalks and car drives fine except

Air conditioner/fan does not blow air
Errors showing
AWD fault - only RWD although when I watch the display it looks like fronts are driving as well
Headlight range regulation defective
Steering support limited - tried the fix with steering wheel at extremes and did not clear
PSM failure

I have driven about 10 miles with about 5 on off cycles and no improvement

Any ideas?

2017 Base Macan out of warranty for 3 years but no real issues
When you replace the clock spring (multi-function switch), you have to have the steering angle sensor recalibrated. That is why you have the "steering support limited" error, the AWD error, and the PSM error. That may be tied to some of the other errors also. Your cruise control also probably does not work.

You'll most likely need to have those errors removed (and the steering angle sensor recalibrating done) at the dealer. They may then also be able to see if the AC fan and headlight errors are related to the rest of the errors.

I just went through a similar situation when I upgraded to a heated steering wheel on my Cayenne.

Quick Reply: Help - replaced indicator stalk and now multiple errors