First Porsche: cpo python green 2023 gts

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 05:08 PM
hkc
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Porsche: cpo python green 2023 gts

Hello!

first Porsche, trading in my 22 rs6. Sounds crazy but I wanted a car that could dissect canyon roads but that could also handle some rougher roads with enough space for my two dogs and I, and enough space to sleep in the rear if needed. I use my cars for cross country road trips, sometimes camping out in the middle of nowhere. This car seems to fit the bill in spades.

I do have some questions, please forgive my ignorance:

1) Is there a way to not have the radio/tuner immediately start when turning the “key”?

2) am I crazy for considering a wrap on the python green? I like to fly under the radar, definitely not possible in this color!

3) how trash are the pirelli verde all seasons? They have 11k on them, they seem to tramline on the highway. Thinking of putting on some conti dws.

4) is there any real ambient lighting besides the door pockets?

5) does this car adapt to your driving habits? I’d like a clean start and have it learn my lead foot and hoping for snappier shifts from the pdk. Is the old school battery disconnect the way to start fresh?

6) is Porsche like Audi when it comes to tuning? Considering a Cobb but I know once flashed they deny warranty without question. This car is fast enough, but wanted to improve throttle response. Ordered a roar unit so let’s see how that works.

7) I’m planning on lowering with tech art lowering module and going to add their exhaust. Any other worthwhile mods to consider?

8) does the car stay in the last driving mode you left it in? Seems my car reverts back to normal and raises the suspension.

Thank y’all and I’m excited to start my Porsche adventures!
Old 02-28-2024, 05:34 PM
jayson
Racer

Received 425 Likes on 117 Posts

Just one guy's .2 cents.
1) Change the source media to Jukebox or something and it won't come on each time (unless you have files loaded)
2) Python Macan's (or any Macan with a fun color in general) are fairly rare. I personally wouldn't wrap it.
6) The 2.9L GTS engine is essentially the same engine that is in many Audi products (RS5 / etc). It responds to tuning if that is your thing.
7) Can't speak for the Macan products but Techart stuff is generally trash and widely panned in the Porsche community (form over function). Most folks just add drop links if you are looking to go lower.
8) Try programming your settings to your key. Set things up how you want then press the memory button and then the key button on the driver door. It may solve that issue.

The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (02-29-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:53 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by hkc
Hello!

first Porsche, trading in my 22 rs6. Sounds crazy but I wanted a car that could dissect canyon roads but that could also handle some rougher roads with enough space for my two dogs and I, and enough space to sleep in the rear if needed. I use my cars for cross country road trips, sometimes camping out in the middle of nowhere. This car seems to fit the bill in spades.

I do have some questions, please forgive my ignorance:

1) Is there a way to not have the radio/tuner immediately start when turning the “key”?

2) am I crazy for considering a wrap on the python green? I like to fly under the radar, definitely not possible in this color!

3) how trash are the pirelli verde all seasons? They have 11k on them, they seem to tramline on the highway. Thinking of putting on some conti dws.

4) is there any real ambient lighting besides the door pockets?

5) does this car adapt to your driving habits? I’d like a clean start and have it learn my lead foot and hoping for snappier shifts from the pdk. Is the old school battery disconnect the way to start fresh?

6) is Porsche like Audi when it comes to tuning? Considering a Cobb but I know once flashed they deny warranty without question. This car is fast enough, but wanted to improve throttle response. Ordered a roar unit so let’s see how that works.

7) I’m planning on lowering with tech art lowering module and going to add their exhaust. Any other worthwhile mods to consider?

8) does the car stay in the last driving mode you left it in? Seems my car reverts back to normal and raises the suspension.

Thank y’all and I’m excited to start my Porsche adventures!
I have a 22 GTS. You are going to love this car if you canyon carve.

Re tires, go with Michellin Ps4 summer tires if you don't drive in snow. PS4 All Season also pretty damn good but not quite as sticky as summer versions.

Driving mode always reverts back to "Normal" on restart. If you have the Sport Chrono option (rotary dial in the steering wheel) you rotate that to the mode you want. First thing I do after starting.
Air suspension position determined by two buttons on the shift panel (center console). Should stay in the position last driven in. One button left side with car icon (arow underneath) "On" (red LED lit) is the lowest position. LED off higher. Another button "Offroad" (right side) position engages highest position. Must have air suspension option (but I think all GTS versions come with this standard). Sometimes I've noticed my car changes air ride height after ign is off, but reverts back to selected position on restarting.

Ambient lighting available in overhead center console as is standard in most vehicles.Hate to add but read your owner's manual.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:15 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 937 Likes on 626 Posts

I think you will find the Macan is too small for those uses. It's basically the size of a VW Golf inside. I would look at a Cayenne if you want a Porsche.

But Python green is rad.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:38 PM
hkc
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DHL
I have a 22 GTS. You are going to love this car if you canyon carve.

Re tires, go with Michellin Ps4 summer tires if you don't drive in snow. PS4 All Season also pretty damn good but not quite as sticky as summer versions.

Driving mode always reverts back to "Normal" on restart. If you have the Sport Chrono option (rotary dial in the steering wheel) you rotate that to the mode you want. First thing I do after starting.
Air suspension position determined by two buttons on the shift panel (center console). Should stay in the position last driven in. One button left side with car icon (arow underneath) "On" (red LED lit) is the lowest position. LED off higher. Another button "Offroad" (right side) position engages highest position. Must have air suspension option (but I think all GTS versions come with this standard). Sometimes I've noticed my car changes air ride height after ign is off, but reverts back to selected position on restarting.

Ambient lighting available in overhead center console as is standard in most vehicles.Hate to add but read your owner's manual.
appreciate the response! I figured out the ride height, thanks. Regarding the ambient lighting, that would be that overhead horseshoe and the door pocket lights? I’ve checked the manual lol
Old 02-28-2024, 07:39 PM
hkc
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I think you will find the Macan is too small for those uses. It's basically the size of a VW Golf inside. I would look at a Cayenne if you want a Porsche.

But Python green is rad.
I actually tested out the space with the seats down. I can definitely sleep back there in a pinch!
Old 02-28-2024, 10:07 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 686 Likes on 423 Posts

Python green is awesome so yes, I would consider you crazy if you wrapped over it.

The P Verdes are trash. I'm rolling on the Scorpion Zeroes now because I have 20" wheels and there were no Michelin PS4 in that size. The Scorpions are much better.

The other source of ambient lighting is the horse shoe around the overhead buttons but I have turned off as I found it distracting even on its dimmest setting. Look in the owner's manual on how to set the brightness.

I have not seen any empirical evidence that the ECU and TCU has any adaptive learning capabilities.

Porsche dealers in the US do NOT all deny warranty without question just because you have a flash tune. Porsche is not VW/Audi. I have personally had engine and steering matters addressed fully under warranty after disclosing to my service advisor that I've tuned mine as the tune had nothing to do with those issues.

I personally would not waste money on TechArt's lowering module. If you want to go the module route in order to have the slammed show mode feature and control it via an app, check out Cete. Otherwise, Flat6 has pre-set lowering links. I got my dealer to lower mine an additional 10mm via PIWIS for free but it may not be low enough for some.

Drive mode always reverts back to economy. I suspect it's an emissions requirement. Ride height mode stays in whatever mode I had it on before but the vehicle does perform some self leveling adjustments after being turned off so it doesn't always stay in the same actual ride height.

Last edited by rasetsu; 02-28-2024 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:29 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Umm, no. We have a Golf R and the Macan is significantly larger inside. Not everyone needs an SUV the size of a Cayenne and for our use living in the city it is more than enough space.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vise:
Mike981S (02-29-2024), WasabiPeas (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 06:09 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by rasetsu
Porsche dealers in the US do NOT all deny warranty without question just because you have a flash tune. Porsche is not VW/Audi. I have personally had engine and steering matters addressed fully under warranty after disclosing to my service advisor that I've tuned mine as the tune had nothing to do with those issues.
I wouldn't expect the steering issues to be linked to a voided powertrain warranty due to a flash tune but I am curious what engine matters were addressed in your case?

​​​
​​​​​
Old 02-29-2024, 10:06 AM
Dsandler
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jayson
Just one guy's .2 cents.
1) Change the source media to Jukebox or something and it won't come on each time (unless you have files loaded)
2) Python Macan's (or any Macan with a fun color in general) are fairly rare. I personally wouldn't wrap it.
6) The 2.9L GTS engine is essentially the same engine that is in many Audi products (RS5 / etc). It responds to tuning if that is your thing.
7) Can't speak for the Macan products but Techart stuff is generally trash and widely panned in the Porsche community (form over function). Most folks just add drop links if you are looking to go lower.
8) Try programming your settings to your key. Set things up how you want then press the memory button and then the key button on the driver door. It may solve that issue.
why would you say techart stuff is trash? Their lowering module integrates seamlessly and their exhaust is a fantastic piece for the macan. Maybe their aero stuff is tacky but their hardware is top of the line
Old 02-29-2024, 10:28 AM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 686 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
I wouldn't expect the steering issues to be linked to a voided powertrain warranty due to a flash tune but I am curious what engine matters were addressed in your case?

​​​
​​​​​
Timing cover and valve cover oil leaks.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:02 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Originally Posted by rasetsu
Timing cover and valve cover oil leaks.
Got it, those are well known issues on any 95B.1 so that's a routine warranty item. I would be wary of anything to do with power delivery although I agree that I have not read much about denials. Perhaps because the drivetrain can take the extra power and I would say from experience that those with tuned engines are more likely to be on top of care and maintenance. I don't want to lead the OP to thinking that Porsche would replace a PDK or other higher price item, or even an axle, turbo etc.. if they detected a flash tune. I personally went with a JB4 piggyback to avoid a flash trigger but more based on feel than actual evidence. I think the OP would be happy either way.

Last edited by BMinSFL; 02-29-2024 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:11 AM
Dsandler
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
Got it, those are well known issues on any 95B.1 so that's a routine warranty item. I would be wary of anything to do with power delivery although I agree that I have not read much about denials. Perhaps because the drivetrain can take the extra power and I would say from experience that those with tuned engines are more likely to be on top of care and maintenance. I don't want to lead the OP to thinking that Porsche would replace a PDK or other higher price item, or even an axle, turbo etc.. if they detected a flash tune. I personally went with a JB4 piggyback to avoid a flash trigger but more based on feel than actual evidence. I think the OP would be happy either way.
I bought Cobb tune from dealer. Then had flat 6 so a stage 1 plus map on it. Car pulls hard
Old 02-29-2024, 11:15 AM
hkc
5th Gear

Appreciate all the responses so far!

likely going lowering links instead of any modules.

car definitely needs more sound though, exploring resonator delete options like the fabspeed. Got a bmc air filter for a bit more induction noise but the rear needs some love.

lowering links, intake/exhaust, roar peddle, Michelin ps a/s 4, and I think I’m done!

likely won’t tune it as I think the roar peddle will solve any issues since this car is faster than it has any business being.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:45 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Originally Posted by Dsandler
I bought Cobb tune from dealer. Then had flat 6 so a stage 1 plus map on it. Car pulls hard
A dealer does not fund or provide warranty coverage. The fact is that a flash tune will void your warranty, per the warranty documentation issued by PCNA.

Did the dealer expressly provide you with documentation that they would solely cover warranty claims in the event that there is a claim not covered by the factory warranty?

Last edited by BMinSFL; 02-29-2024 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: First Porsche: cpo python green 2023 gts