Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Just bought a 2017 Macan GTS with 109k miles yesterday, couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 05:19 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 115 Posts

And don't forget to remove the key fob from your pocket (and place it 20 ft away from the car) when you wash it, or the water spray hitting the car will cause it to sporadically lock and unlock.
The following 2 users liked this post by DHL:
dak911 (03-20-2024), Jaspeer7821 (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 11:16 AM
Jaspeer7821
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Der Tgr
My 2018 Macan S can also be locked by touching the proximity sensor - either on front or rear of door handle. There is a small dimple on the handle where the sensor is.
There’s no dimple on my door handle. I moved my hand all over the handle and nothing happened, so I guess I don’t have it.
The window sticker doesn’t show anything either.

I also wish this car would’ve had ventilated seats, it’s brutal here in the summer. There’s no way to add that function is there ?
Old 02-29-2024, 01:59 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 907 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaspeer7821
There’s no dimple on my door handle. I moved my hand all over the handle and nothing happened, so I guess I don’t have it.

I also wish this car would’ve had ventilated seats, it’s brutal here in the summer. There’s no way to add that function is there ?
If this is a US market car, they should all have the touch to unlock and lock concave dimple on every door handle as part of Entry and Drive. I'm pretty sure I can almost see it on the pictures you posted. You have to press your finger on it for like a second. It's not glide across.

In order to add seat ventilation, you would have to replace the entire front seat and add the button to the center console plus likely coding. It's probably cost prohibitive unless you are willing to look for parts dismantler listings.

Last edited by rasetsu; 02-29-2024 at 02:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Penstamin (02-29-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 04:21 PM
Penstamin
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
Not sure about 2017 model but my 2022 GTS can be locked by touching the proximity sensor on the rear of the door handle (key fob most be on your person).
Same for my 2015 S. And if you hold your hand on the sensor for a second longer after the chirps, the mirrors fold.
Old 02-29-2024, 04:37 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,376 Likes on 1,245 Posts

On your sticker under Premium Package Plus - there's a notation: Porsche Entry & Drive.

You should definitely be able to access entry into the car without using the key fob, and also lock the car from the exterior door handle without using the key fob.

Old 02-29-2024, 05:49 PM
Jaspeer7821
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ironman88
On your sticker under Premium Package Plus - there's a notation: Porsche Entry & Drive.

You should definitely be able to access entry into the car without using the key fob, and also lock the car from the exterior door handle without using the key fob.
I thought I posted earlier but I don’t see it.
I did see a little dimple hit it was dark and raining. I forgot I let my friend use the car and I’ll try it tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll work 😁
Old 02-29-2024, 06:59 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 290 Posts

Just my opinion, mind you but "Friends don't let friends drive their Porsche". Many years ago, my "roomie" let a good friend of his run some errands in his new Porsche....He rolled and totaled it. No one but me drives my Porsches. That way, I keep my friends just that...Friends.
roll_the_dice (03-25-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 07:05 PM
Jaspeer7821
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
Just my opinion, mind you but "Friends don't let friends drive their Porsche". Many years ago, my "roomie" let a good friend of his run some errands in his new Porsche....He rolled and totaled it. No one but me drives my Porsches. That way, I keep my friends just that...Friends.
It’s actually my ex fiancée, we’ve been like best friends for around 10yrs since we split up. So all good 👍
Old 03-01-2024, 01:59 AM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 115 Posts

You have "entry and drive" so you should have it. Sometimes touching the sensor is a bit tricky and be sure you key fob battery is new.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:01 AM
Jaspeer7821
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DHL
You have "entry and drive" so you should have it. Sometimes touching the sensor is a bit tricky and be sure you key fob battery is new.
My ex has the car and tried it and it does work. So all good 😁
Old 03-01-2024, 09:49 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 113 Posts

My ex has the car and tried it and it does work. So all good 😁
So I guess you can get the car back, then.
Jaspeer7821 (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 06:46 PM
Jaspeer7821
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wwahl
So I guess you can get the car back, then.
yes, always could get in the car, just didn’t know it locked without the FOB.
But it unlocks really quick when grabbing the handle to unlock.
But when locking it takes a few seconds of pushing/rubbing my finger over the indent.
doesn’t seem to lock with just one tap.
also but in new batteries in the remotes.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:43 PM
Penstamin
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

But when locking it takes a few seconds of pushing/rubbing my finger over the indent.
Try just placing, not pushing/rubbing. Also doesn't need to be your finger. Flat of your hand, back of hand, forearm (as in, if your hands are full you can just lean against the handle) ... they all work equally well for me.
Jaspeer7821 (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 10:02 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,376 Likes on 1,245 Posts

And one more point - make sure that you are not gripping the entire handle (thereby placing your hand on both the inside of the handle, and also on the thumb depression on the outside of the handle.) It will confuse the car.

To unlock the car, the sensor is located on the inside (back) of the handle. The depression on the outside of the handle is for locking the car. Grabbing both - no worky...

Old 03-04-2024, 10:46 PM
Jaspeer7821
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Ironman88
And one more point - make sure that you are not gripping the entire handle (thereby placing your hand on both the inside of the handle, and also on the thumb depression on the outside of the handle.) It will confuse the car.

To unlock the car, the sensor is located on the inside (back) of the handle. The depression on the outside of the handle is for locking the car. Grabbing both - no worky...
yes, I understand, all four doors seem to be kind of the same but when I put my palm on it, it works a lot better than my finger. So at least it’s working now, it just still takes a second or two longer than unlocking it.

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2017 Macan GTS with 109k miles yesterday, couple questions