Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Interior Trim Advice for 2024 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2024 | 09:15 PM
Senstropic
5th Gear

Default Interior Trim Advice for 2024 GTS

I have an order in for a Macan GTS and I'm about 3 weeks from the change freeze point. I adore my build (I've been obsessively refreshing the app, even though I know I won't see any updates) but I am really hung up on the interior trim.

Chalk Exterior, Mojave Beige interior. I absolutely love light/tan interiors but none of the interior trim options really seem to go with it.

I currently have Dark Walnut in there and I don't think it looks... bad... but how it looks in the configurator gives me mid 2000's luxury car vibes. The configurator makes it really hard to tell how the trims really look. The standard black doesn't seem to go very well. Carbon fiber doesn't fit.

Anyone have real life experience or pictures of their beige interiors and what they chose?

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2024 | 12:41 AM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Not sure dark walnut would go well with Macan. Default dark aluminum would be better for more lux/sporty (darker top area and lighter lower area) feel than walnut/black or CF trims. And.. I really hate light aluminum on beige interior.
While I like light beige and black dash combo in general, I didn't like them on Macan for one reason. Door kick plate areas are also in light beige on Macan which will be nasty in just a few K miles. Other Porsche models have black but somehow Macan has beige on the door openings. Something to consider.

By the way, I have Chalk 9911 with GTS interior in black/silver stitching which is quite nice while I'm not a big fan of black interior.

Last edited by isugoo; 01-20-2024 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2024 | 11:11 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

IMO you should ditch the tan and go with pebble grey if you want a light colored interior. Tan just has too much non-sporty old man 1990's Lexus with gold trim vibes for me that doesn't fit a GTS. The wood trim makes it even worse (but hey it's your car).

Personally I think black interior with extended deviated stitching is the best choice for a GTS. With the Chalk exterior the black/Bordeaux red could be good and unique, but it's pretty red.

Looking at this in the configurator for you, I think that if you insist on the Mojave Beige interior then the Carbon Fiber or Anthracite Chestnut trim looks the best. The Aluminum is too bright/washed out looking.
If you want a "woody" feel go with the Anthracite Chestnut trim. Otherwise stick w/ the standard black or the carbon fiber. The Dark Walnut just doesn't go with a sporty GTS and looks very 1990's.

But really ditch the tan LOL. If you are at all concerned w/ resale most buyers won't want a GTS with tan interior (I had a Panamera Turbo with this same black/tan interior, had trouble selling it b/c of it). Good luck!

Last edited by Nickshu; 01-20-2024 at 11:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nickshu:
Russian Mafia (01-21-2024), Terry Adams (01-20-2024)
Old 01-20-2024 | 12:48 PM
VAGfan
Pro

I have Mohave Beige / Black interior, with the gloss "Piano Black" trim.
I like it, but you need to keep it clean.
The Pebble Gray is also a nice looking interior.

I prefer these two-tone lighter interiors to the coal-bin look of the all black interior.

But yes, these lighter interiors may reduce potential buyers at resale.
But, buy what YOU like.

Last edited by VAGfan; 01-20-2024 at 12:50 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by VAGfan:
Mike981S (01-31-2024), Nickshu (01-20-2024), Terry Adams (01-20-2024)
Old 01-20-2024 | 03:58 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Originally Posted by Senstropic
I have an order in for a Macan GTS and I'm about 3 weeks from the change freeze point. I adore my build (I've been obsessively refreshing the app, even though I know I won't see any updates) but I am really hung up on the interior trim.

Chalk Exterior, Mojave Beige interior. I absolutely love light/tan interiors but none of the interior trim options really seem to go with it.

I currently have Dark Walnut in there and I don't think it looks... bad... but how it looks in the configurator gives me mid 2000's luxury car vibes. The configurator makes it really hard to tell how the trims really look. The standard black doesn't seem to go very well. Carbon fiber doesn't fit.

Anyone have real life experience or pictures of their beige interiors and what they chose?

Thanks!
I like the current set-up. If you like the vibe, go for it.
Old 01-20-2024 | 11:33 PM
Senstropic
5th Gear

I appreciate the advice. I just can't get on board with an all black interior, even with the deviated stitching. The GTS I test drove had it and I was just not a fan. The beige is way more my thing. Even if most people wouldn't opt for it on a GTS.

I spent a ton of time looking at used ads to find folks who got the combo beige with dark walnut trim. My assessment is that in most lighting it looks great, in really direct light it definitely looks pretty bright and gets that older vibe I'm not a fan of. I bet I'd be fine with it. But I am considering just shelling out the ~$1200 for the Anthracite Chestnut. What's another grand on a >$100k Macan?
Old 01-21-2024 | 01:09 AM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Senstropic
I appreciate the advice. I just can't get on board with an all black interior, even with the deviated stitching. The GTS I test drove had it and I was just not a fan. The beige is way more my thing. Even if most people wouldn't opt for it on a GTS.

I spent a ton of time looking at used ads to find folks who got the combo beige with dark walnut trim. My assessment is that in most lighting it looks great, in really direct light it definitely looks pretty bright and gets that older vibe I'm not a fan of. I bet I'd be fine with it. But I am considering just shelling out the ~$1200 for the Anthracite Chestnut. What's another grand on a >$100k Macan?
Try the Carbon Fiber trim instead of the walnut. Had that combo (beige+CF) in my X3 M40i and I liked it. Also had beige interior in my E39 M5, which was also cool. Beige is a great choice, but can be more maintenance to keep looking nice. The X3 was easy as the fabric was vinyl of some sort; the M5 was leather and the door pulls were difficult to keep from staining.
Old 01-21-2024 | 03:52 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

I have chalk exterior with pebble/black interior with alcantara head liner and carbon fiber trim. I like it a lot.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (01-22-2024)
Old 01-21-2024 | 05:13 PM
schnell
Rennlist Member

We have the Leather Package in Black/Mojave Beige (black dash, beige seats and trim) and we're generally happy with it. No problems keeping it clean, but we are not hauling dogs or kids around. Other Porsche friends also seem to like it with the Mamba Green. We have the brushed aluminum black trim... no wood.

My only nitpick would be that the shade of Beige is a not precisely to my liking (we've had several Jeeps with various tan/beige interiors). At the end of the day, it was the color we felt worked best with the green exterior.

But as others have said, go with your own taste and enjoy it!

Last edited by schnell; 01-21-2024 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-21-2024 | 06:19 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

One of the lessons I've learned configuring Porsche interiors is less is more, particularly with GTS and Turbo variants where often sport seats, upgraded leather, stitching and maybe white or colored dials is more than enough. The other thing is I don't get how wood ever ended up in cars. Boats maybe, kites sure, planes probably not but what is the function of wood in a car? The only thing I can come up with is buoyancy if you drive off the road into a lake. To me it misses the point of a high performance car.
Nickshu (01-21-2024)
Old 01-22-2024 | 09:27 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
One of the lessons I've learned configuring Porsche interiors is less is more, particularly with GTS and Turbo variants where often sport seats, upgraded leather, stitching and maybe white or colored dials is more than enough. The other thing is I don't get how wood ever ended up in cars. Boats maybe, kites sure, planes probably not but what is the function of wood in a car? The only thing I can come up with is buoyancy if you drive off the road into a lake. To me it misses the point of a high performance car.
Disagree about wood in a performance car. If it's the right kind of wood, I think it's both classy and modern. Wood is a natural material and connects us to the outside world and as such, is a beautiful component to a car if done well.

The problem with the Macan is that the wood choices are poor. They're both dark, which isn't great, because there's no option for good contrast with the elements that are black and can't be changed. Plus the walnut is burled rather than normal grain, which is a shame because the natural grain of walnut is spectacular. Something lighter, like the eucalyptus offered in the Cayenne, would've been much, much better for the Macan.

I dunno how Porsche makes some of the decisions they make. Definitely head-scratchers.
Old 01-22-2024 | 11:42 AM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

I have Black/Mojave on a base with a white exterior with piano black trim. I like it on a base. With a GTS Chalk exterior, I would go black/red or pebble gray interior with CF trim.
Old 01-22-2024 | 04:13 PM
Long Islander
Racer

Here's my two cents worth. I have a Macan S on order in Dolomite Silver exterior with Pebble Grey leather and Dark Walnut wood. The Dark Walnut looks like the 5 series BMW we had (with silver/grey leather) and the E350 we also had with Walnut wood and Cashmere Beige leather. Both looked great and very rich. You can't go wrong with the walnut wood trim. With either a light grey or light beige interior it looks great. The piano black looks just like glossy plastic.
Old 01-22-2024 | 09:13 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
Blaim the Brits. I think wood became a dominant feature in high end car interiors from the beginning. And then of course there are the woody American station wagons from the 50's and 60's and pick-up truck beds. Who can forget real wood steering wheels...not of course the safest use if one shatters on you in a collision. Back in the day, when you didn't have engineered plastics, wood is actually a good alternative to cast metal or steel parts weight wise.
I think high end wood trim such as burled walnut can be very classy. Not so much in a Porsche (it gives the impression of being heavy), but in high end Mercedes, BMWs, RR, and Bentley it can be very nice.
Old 01-23-2024 | 11:30 AM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DHL
Blaim the Brits. I think wood became a dominant feature in high end car interiors from the beginning. And then of course there are the woody American station wagons from the 50's and 60's and pick-up truck beds. Who can forget real wood steering wheels...not of course the safest use if one shatters on you in a collision. Back in the day, when you didn't have engineered plastics, wood is actually a good alternative to cast metal or steel parts weight wise.
I think high end wood trim such as burled walnut can be very classy. Not so much in a Porsche (it gives the impression of being heavy), but in high end Mercedes, BMWs, RR, and Bentley it can be very nice.
Agreed, high end car's wood trim looks very beautiful but most of general German car's wood trims are not so great looking. I think it's mainly heavy gloss finish that prevent us to see/feel/touch natural textures on wood.
Llarry (01-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Interior Trim Advice for 2024 GTS