Macan 2014-Current

Windshield wipers disabled

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2023, 05:48 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Windshield wipers disabled

Went to replace the wiper blades on my 2022 Macan GTS and manual says to turn ign on, then off, then move wiper stalk down. Wipers should move 45 degrees to aid in blade replacement. Except mine don't move at all. Tried it multiple times with seat belt fastened or not, getting out of car, locking, getting back in and still no joy. I did have to hood open with my charger connected. Could this be the issue? Come to think of it, wipers did not move in any control position with ign on.
Old 11-29-2023, 06:22 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 644 Posts

Will not work with the hood open. Been there, done that. Close the hood and it works. I do it every single time I wash the car. 2022 GTS.
Old 11-29-2023, 11:57 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Will not work with the hood open. Been there, done that. Close the hood and it works. I do it every single time I wash the car. 2022 GTS.
Yep. Does seem to be a requirement to have the hood closed. Also discovered those wiper blades are very tricky to remove. Pressing down on the little square still did not free up the insert if it remains parallel to the arm. You have to rotate them almost perpendicular to free them comepletely. Took a trip to the dealer to discover this gem.

Quick Reply: Windshield wipers disabled