Macan 2014-Current

Port Processing Delay Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2023, 10:51 PM
PCarDoc1
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Port Processing Delay Question

Hi y’all. First-time Porsche buyer here. My base Macan has been stuck at the Benicia port for nearly 7 weeks. It’s a very basic build with only premium package+ and bose. I’ve reached out to my SA several times about this, but he doesn’t why it’s being delayed. Is this normal? Is there any way to find out why the car is being held up at the port? TIA.
The following users liked this post:
quinn_nature (11-18-2023)
Old 11-18-2023, 05:21 PM
quinn_nature
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you finally end up getting it? I’m also a first time Porsche buyer and my car has been stuck at Benicia port since September 27! Nearly two months. Before that it was stuck at the German port for 2 months as well. What I’m hearing from the SA is that there was a Cayenne update/recall for faulty hazard lights which was updated a week ago but now I’m hearing that the older cars are stuck in the very back and top parking lots so they need to transport the more recent cars that came on the last two vessels. Those from the Wild Rose Leader and the RCC Amsterdam will likely get their cars before me as those are the most recent arrivals and likely in the front whereas my car came on the Lake Fuxian. I have a feeling it’s buried. I hope there are no other major things wrong with it that they aren’t disclosing. 😭🤦‍♀️
Originally Posted by PCarDoc1
Hi y’all. First-time Porsche buyer here. My base Macan has been stuck at the Benicia port for nearly 7 weeks. It’s a very basic build with only premium package+ and bose. I’ve reached out to my SA several times about this, but he doesn’t why it’s being delayed. Is this normal? Is there any way to find out why the car is being held up at the port? TIA.
Old 11-27-2023, 05:51 PM
Lennart
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PCarDoc1
I have a 2024 911 stuck at the Benicia port since 11.6.23. SA said same thing - not sure why stuck. I called the Porsche corporate office at 1 800 767-7243 and they said same thing. I asked corporate to please have SA communicate with client rather than client emailing and calling weekly. This will be my first Porsche - can't wait.

Good Luck
quinn_nature (11-27-2023)
Old 11-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Lennart
Track Day

Call the Porsche Corporate Office and they will tell you if something is wrong - 1 800 767-7243
quinn_nature (11-27-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 06:32 PM
Lennart
Track Day

Received email today to say - vehicle let the Benicia Port and on it's way to the dealership - hope this means other vehicles are also leaving or leaving soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lennart:
M5150 (11-29-2023), quinn_nature (11-30-2023)
Old 11-30-2023, 12:54 AM
quinn_nature
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I really hope that mine is right behind yours. It came to the port on September 27 so we are past two months now. I was shocked that the car has taken this long and is only 39 miles from the dealer. Hopefully mine comes in next week. Congratulations to all of you that have gotten yours.
Originally Posted by Lennart
Received email today to say - vehicle let the Benicia Port and on its way to the dealership - hope this means other vehicles are also leaving or leaving soon.

Quick Reply: Port Processing Delay Question