Macan 2014-Current

First drive in Macan S

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 08:56 PM
rwbern
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 385 Posts
Default First drive in Macan S

Targa in the shop for the last CPO inspection. Got lucky with an S loaner this time.
Dealer is about 70 miles away, so the trip home gives an opportunity to play a little. I have not driven any SUV except for P loaners in many years to keep this in perspective. I have, however, kept up with the Macan since my first five. My initial Macan drive returned an, “I would have to have an S” opinion upon return, without even a driven an S. Well, that was confirmed with a slam dunk!
I really liked everything about the car. The 4K video dash is quite an upgrade to what I see every day. The dash is very user friendly; no problems on first try with anything. ACC & lane change might let me dose off on the interstate! Nice not to absolutely have to nurse the car over the rougher city streets. Enjoyed Sport mode on the one “fun” road for awhile. Wish there was someplace close to play with the off-road setting :-(
If I was younger, much younger, & back in the “Daddy” age, I could be very happy in the S.

Only one negative comment; if I’m in a position to drop $ 80K on a midsize SUV, I drop $ 90K to include leather interior. Would make such a difference. Guess I expected more for the price on a P car.

Will have it for a few days, so if there is anything I can add, I will drop in again.

Safe & pleasant, fun miles for all.

Last edited by rwbern; 11-10-2023 at 09:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (11-11-2023)
Old 11-11-2023, 11:15 AM
rdubu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, after options and tax for most it’s $90k plus for a S now.
The following users liked this post:
gellenole (11-14-2023)
Old 11-12-2023, 12:01 AM
turbo power
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

yes same here- Macan S is fun to drive ...had bmw M3, M5 and now own a Cayenne turbo and Macan S......different characteristics ...Macan is a great mix of fun to drive + practicality.....buy what you want and enjoy...

Last edited by turbo power; 11-12-2023 at 12:03 AM.

Quick Reply: First drive in Macan S