Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Any experience with COBB Accessport for Porsche Macan (95B.2/.3) S / GTS / Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 10:57 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 152 Posts
Default Any experience with COBB Accessport for Porsche Macan (95B.2/.3) S / GTS / Turbo

I was wondering if I can install this on my 2023 Macan S without any warranty issues. Are there any experiences here with this system and is it worth the $1500? Thank you in advance!
Old 10-22-2023, 05:33 AM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by john981
I was wondering if I can install this on my 2023 Macan S without any warranty issues. Are there any experiences here with this system and is it worth the $1500? Thank you in advance!
Assume your drivetrain warranty is voided once a flash tune is installed. You are better off going with a piggyback that should be untraceable once removed since it feeds stock data to the ecu. I don't think there have been any specific reports either way of a major repair being denied but there are no guarantees.

There is also the APR+ option which is a flash tune but you have a separate drivetrain warranty from APR to replace the voided Porche one should you need a drivetrain repair.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:21 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

It is a 5-minute process to remove the Cobb information before you take it into a dealer. Same again when you put it back on. Also consider installing a Pedal Commander.
Old 10-22-2023, 11:45 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 106 Posts

You're driving along... Everything seems to be going okay. Then for no obvious reason, the Porsche dies and you're not close to home. Assuming the vehicle can still operate and it's still running or can be restarted without hearing strange noises coming form under the hood, do you still have the ability to un-flash it before the flatbed shows up to take it to the dealership of choice? Or possibly a different one based on where you broke down?

To answer the OP's original question: It voids the warranty if they find you have flashed the ECU. Same goes for the TCU should you mess with the PDK.
The following users liked this post:
john981 (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 12:05 PM
turbo power
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The answer is "it depends" based on my dealer feedback........so check with your dealer/ service advisor. The larger dealership have many Porsches (911s etc) that get the tunes and the dealerships install it.... and they told me Cobb is not an issue for the Macan.....

And as someone said you can always remove Cobb tune anytime

I was thinking about installing Cobb on Macan S but car is only a few months old so will wait a bit. It will never be like my Cayenne turbo even with the tune (especially mid range acceleration)....but the Cobb is still a conservative tune which may do the trick for higher-end power bump (more noticeable on highways in my view)
john981 (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 03:21 PM
gellenole
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I did this tune roughly at 2500 miles into my MY23S. I had a break-in oil change done at 1k after driving it conservatively. So far it's been a blast. Turbo whines faster and there's not much of a lag in acceleration anymore. Car is a bit sportier, but as always - it eats gas like it's drinking water.
john981 (10-28-2023)
Old 10-29-2023, 02:16 PM
turbo power
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to know - any issues with car drive composure/ drivability at low or high speeds/ transmission jerky or when S/ S+ modes selected vs the original tune? thx

Quick Reply: Any experience with COBB Accessport for Porsche Macan (95B.2/.3) S / GTS / Turbo