Macan 2014-Current

Trying to price out my Macan Turbo - Need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 02:29 PM
GT4Kevin
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts
Talking Trying to price out my Macan Turbo - Need help

So I have a 2-owner 2015 Macan Turbo (me being the second owner) with 58,600 miles on it. Serviced at Porsche from day one until about last year going to a specialized indy shop (Porsche dealer exchanged hands and moved)

The spec was hard to come by (Dark Blue Metallic/Agate Gray full interior/carbon pkg including heated carbon steering wheel/RS Spyder wheels - Here are all the options

Mods are:
Softronic tune
SystemX Ceramic coating
Agency Power catback exhaust

Not affected by any recalls, no transfer case issues, no PDK issues. I was thinking of asking $37,000. Thoughts?

Old 09-07-2023, 06:10 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,246 Likes on 575 Posts

Seems like a great price, but why sell? It looks GREAT!
The following users liked this post:
Paul125 (09-08-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 06:49 PM
Snowytrail
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice looking car but the seat leather looks a little beat plus no sunroof - a lot of buyers will walk on that alone. The tune and cat back are also negatives to some. Don't think you get $37K. There is a nice '17 PP for $39 in the classifieds. Timing chain cover done?

Last edited by Snowytrail; 09-07-2023 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:41 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 227 Likes on 139 Posts

It depends on your location and how much competition you have. I would check autotrader.com and see how many similar cars are around you how much they cost. Based on that you can get a fair price.
Old 09-07-2023, 10:00 PM
ilovemaui
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 183 Posts

$37,000 seems a bit high. Lack of sunroof is a plus for me. Gets too hot in Florida and a can’t remember the last time I pulled the shade open.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:58 AM
GT4Kevin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Seems like a great price, but why sell? It looks GREAT!
Looking to move into something different now that the wife has a bigger SUV

Originally Posted by Snowytrail
Nice looking car but the seat leather looks a little beat plus no sunroof - a lot of buyers will walk on that alone. The tune and cat back are also negatives to some. Don't think you get $37K. There is a nice '17 PP for $39 in the classifieds. Timing chain cover done?
The leather is actually really well maintained, the pictures had the conditioner drying and if I decide to post I'll make sure it really showcases the proper condition. The bolster on the drivers seat is the only part that has seen the most "use" I would always get sunroof cars but never used them in the Florida heat, the alcantara headliner gets tons of compliments.

Yeah I saw that '17 PP but the color and miles are clearly deterring people.

Not to my knowledge on the timing chain cover. When should that be done, and why?

Originally Posted by john981
It depends on your location and how much competition you have. I would check autotrader.com and see how many similar cars are around you how much they cost. Based on that you can get a fair price.
Yeah not many turbos around so I looked at recently closed auctions as well to get to $37,000. Not firm on that

Originally Posted by ilovemaui
$37,000 seems a bit high. Lack of sunroof is a plus for me. Gets too hot in Florida and a can’t remember the last time I pulled the shade open.
Where do you think the price should fall? Same here, I'm in Florida and that is a big plus to me as well haha

My buddy has a lucid with the glass roof and people actually sweat in the back seat it's so damn hot
Old 09-08-2023, 05:38 PM
ilovemaui
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 183 Posts

Based on viewing 2015 Macan Turbos on Autotrader I think it might bring between $29k and 33k. You can ask whatever you want and see what happens.

The driver’s seat seems a little broke down which may be a turn off.

GLWS
Old 09-10-2023, 12:58 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

The mods you have - tune and exhaust are great for an enthusiast - but the typical buyer will shy away from a modded car - if you have the stock parts you may want to consider putting it back to stock and sell them separately.

Pricing is pretty easy - look at autotrader, car guru's, pcar market auctions, pca classifieds (PCA membership website), bring a trailer and look for similar years and miles and see the range. Market it still pretty good and the Macan Turbo is top of the Macan food chain, so should be pretty easy to sell once priced right.
The following 2 users liked this post by supercup:
GT4Kevin (09-10-2023), rasetsu (09-10-2023)
Old 09-11-2023, 02:17 PM
GT4Kevin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilovemaui
Based on viewing 2015 Macan Turbos on Autotrader I think it might bring between $29k and 33k. You can ask whatever you want and see what happens.

The driver’s seat seems a little broke down which may be a turn off.

GLWS
Originally Posted by supercup
The mods you have - tune and exhaust are great for an enthusiast - but the typical buyer will shy away from a modded car - if you have the stock parts you may want to consider putting it back to stock and sell them separately.

Pricing is pretty easy - look at autotrader, car guru's, pcar market auctions, pca classifieds (PCA membership website), bring a trailer and look for similar years and miles and see the range. Market it still pretty good and the Macan Turbo is top of the Macan food chain, so should be pretty easy to sell once priced right.
I have taken this feedback into effect and I have now listed it for $35k

Quick Reply: Trying to price out my Macan Turbo - Need help