Macan 2014-Current

Driving Macan GTS at Porsche Experience Center

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 11:53 PM
mikebrinda
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Driving Macan GTS at Porsche Experience Center

I have 2022 Macan GTS in Papaya. Today I drove a Miami Blue Macan GTS at the Porsche Experience Center in Carson, California. The session is 90 minutes. The instructor was excellent, both a professional driver and Hollywood stuntman (due to the strike he was working at the Porsche facility and I was lucky enough to be assigned to him.)

You drive a short course with many turns and relatively short straights, circular drifting on water, a mechanical device that randomly upsets the car into a spin when you drive over it onto water and you must regain control, and a longer stretch for using the launch control feature that ends with a hard and deeply banked curve a la Nürburgring.

The GTS is an incredible machine and falls under the heading of, “You get what you pay for.” I flogged this thing on a 75° day and it didn’t care. Could have gone all day. No warning lights. No brakes overheating. A/C blowing cool.

I would recommend this experience to anyone, including those who have track experience on non-SUV cars. The AWD + vehicle weight of the Macan make for a different handling experience. That said, you would think you were driving a sports car.
The following 7 users liked this post by mikebrinda:
Jeff Whitten (08-25-2023), Nickshu (08-25-2023), Paul125 (08-25-2023), Russian Mafia (08-25-2023), supercup (08-26-2023), TikiLou (08-25-2023), Zeus993 (08-25-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-25-2023, 09:56 AM
rdubu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Agree, drove a Miami Blue GTS at PEC LA last year and had a blast. The launch control straight was fun screaming by traffic on the 405. Will have to go back to drive my *next* car sometime.

Quick Reply: Driving Macan GTS at Porsche Experience Center