Macan 2014-Current

Phone messages beep

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 09:41 PM
KevMacan
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone messages beep

I recently purchased a 2018 Macan S with the PCM 4.0. My car has the Driver Memory Package, where all the car’s settings are saved to the key and are restored when I get in the car. This works great for everything, except for turning off the notification beep when I get a text message on my phone. I deselect that in the PCM Phone Options menu every time I get in the car, but it almost never saves that setting and I have to go back in to change it again the next time. The beep is really loud and annoying, especially when I get a deluge of group texts or whatever. I’ve tried doing the manual save (on the door) to the key and to Driver 1, but no better luck.
Is there a solution to this? Am I missing something?
Old 08-25-2023, 09:21 AM
sonorous
Rennlist Member

Received 519 Likes on 244 Posts

Open up the Bluetooth settings on your phone for the specific connection to the Porsche PCM and deselect the Text Messages option. You will still receive messages in Carplay (I assume as an Android user) or Android Auto but not through the standard PCM messaging. That is how I solved it.
Old 08-25-2023, 09:59 AM
KevMacan
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sonorous
Open up the Bluetooth settings on your phone for the specific connection to the Porsche PCM and deselect the Text Messages option. You will still receive messages in Carplay (I assume as an Android user) or Android Auto but not through the standard PCM messaging. That is how I solved it.
thanks. I have an iPhone and my car doesn’t have CarPlay activated (that’s another issue…), but I’ll check the Bluetooth settings and see if I can fix it that way. It would make sense for my phone to be “pushing” that setting.

Quick Reply: Phone messages beep