3 beeps from rear speakers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 02:00 PM
zeratulman
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 3 beeps from rear speakers.

Hi all,
Yesterday I started having two issues, possibly related.
1. The rear hatch of my 2015 Macan S randomly opens when the car is unlocked. Even when car runs (stationary) it sometimes open. If I lock it, it no longer opens.
2. While driving, at no particular speeds (happened at 15,20,32, etc.), and unrelated to the set speed limits (first thing I checked) are these 3 beeps. Does anyone know what this means? It's not a blind angle sensor, no lane departure, nothing that obvious. And they come from the left rear speaker.

I'll probably figure out 1. once I get it checked, but maybe someone here knows what those sounds mean.

I can't attach the video but here's a yt link - https://youtube.com/shorts/YB_ERDNR_IQ

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Old 08-13-2023, 06:25 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by zeratulman
Hi all,
Yesterday I started having two issues, possibly related.
1. The rear hatch of my 2015 Macan S randomly opens when the car is unlocked. Even when car runs (stationary) it sometimes open. If I lock it, it no longer opens.
2. While driving, at no particular speeds (happened at 15,20,32, etc.), and unrelated to the set speed limits (first thing I checked) are these 3 beeps. Does anyone know what this means? It's not a blind angle sensor, no lane departure, nothing that obvious. And they come from the left rear speaker.

I'll probably figure out 1. once I get it checked, but maybe someone here knows what those sounds mean.

I can't attach the video but here's a yt link - https://youtube.com/shorts/YB_ERDNR_IQ

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Are they the same beeps the car makes when the hatch is opening? Maybe that is related to the lock mechanism unlatching?
Old 08-14-2023, 03:43 AM
zeratulman
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DHL
Are they the same beeps the car makes when the hatch is opening? Maybe that is related to the lock mechanism unlatching?
No, that would be a songle, longer, louder beep
Old 08-14-2023, 05:38 AM
zeratulman
5th Gear

Overnight I locked the car and removed the batteries from the key to exclude a faulty key.
This morning, the car's battery was drained and I had to jump-start it.
Yesterday evening I noticed a clicking sound coming from the trunk / gas tank inlet. As if someone was trying to unlock/open the trunk or pressing the read windshield trunk button.
Could it be a short-circuit on that button? It wouldn't open the car when it's locked and the key isn't near and I guess it could drain the battery?
Or could it be just a dead battery that needs replacing?

One more weird thing I noticed, the 3 beeps don't come from the rear speaker, but somehow from inside the trunk's door, from under the plastic casing.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:30 AM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by zeratulman
Overnight I locked the car and removed the batteries from the key to exclude a faulty key.
This morning, the car's battery was drained and I had to jump-start it.
Yesterday evening I noticed a clicking sound coming from the trunk / gas tank inlet. As if someone was trying to unlock/open the trunk or pressing the read windshield trunk button.
Could it be a short-circuit on that button? It wouldn't open the car when it's locked and the key isn't near and I guess it could drain the battery?
Or could it be just a dead battery that needs replacing?

One more weird thing I noticed, the 3 beeps don't come from the rear speaker, but somehow from inside the trunk's door, from under the plastic casing.
Listened to your YouTube video and the beeps sound to me like the lane collision warning or the park assist collision warnings. Hate to state the obvious but I think you need to get to a dealer or indy that has a Posrche systems scanner. There is no way the battery should be running down overnight. You may have something in the central locking system that is active and using a lot of battery current. Clicking sounds from the trunk/gas feed are not that unusual as the car may run OBDII tank leak down tests (a pump pressurizes the gas tank and lines and measures leak down rates). It usually does this just after the car shuts down from a trip. But these tests do not use a lot of battery power and if your battery is running down overnight there is something else wrong.

I guess it is also possible you have a weak battery and that is causing the issues you are seeing. These cars are very sensitive to weak batteries and they can cause a miriad of problems. Put a charger on the battery and make sure its fully charged. If a fully charged battery is running down overnight then there is probably something else wrong. If the problems go away then I would consider replacing the battery or at least put a battery maintainer on the car overnight.
Old 08-18-2023, 07:07 AM
zeratulman
5th Gear

The battery was 4 years old so I just replaced it.
Initially all was good, but now the trunk started opening by itself again.
Old 10-26-2023, 11:24 AM
zeratulman
5th Gear

Ok so I had it scanned and there's an error with the trunk actuator. It looks like it's depressed.

Also I found what that sound was - it's as if I'm pressing the trunk open button on the driver door panel while driving - if driving the trunk obviously won't open, but that sound comes on.

Old 10-26-2023, 11:35 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 213 Posts

Good luck getting it resolved quickly.

Quick Reply: 3 beeps from rear speakers.