Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan Parking Lights Always On

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2023 | 10:26 AM
twimmers
5th Gear

Exclamation Macan Parking Lights Always On

Hi folks, hoping someone on here may have experienced a similar issue.

TL;DR: Parking light relay (if that's even a thing?) seems to be wonky, not sure how to address this

Picked up a 2017 Macan Turbo recently and noticed that after exiting and locking the car, the parking lights stay on indefinitely, specifically the two front side markers. It's not always the case and I've tried the following to remedy
1) Checked to ensure the exterior light fade out isn't crazy long (set to 10s currently)
2) Check to ensure that the blinker is in the neutral position. I know you can activate the parking lights by leaving this up or down but both light will still be on when this is in the neutral position.

Additionally, when the lights are on, there's no warning for on the dash for the parking lights being engaged.

Ways I think I've been able to get them to turn off:
1) getting in the car again, driving around for a second and then parking again
2) Intentionally turning the parking lights on and off and on and off and so forth until they eventually stay off (both)
3) I think they may have gone off once by pressing and holding the lock button on the key fob?

Has anyone else experience this and if so, any ideas on how to fix it? It sounds like it could be an issue with some relay but no idea where this would be located. Alternately if there's a fuse I can just pull to get rid of the side marker lights, I don't hate that solution either.

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2023 | 03:56 PM
twimmers
5th Gear

Did some more digging and was able to find a wiring diagram

https://cardiagn.com/2015-2016-macan...ring-diagrams/

Page 37 seems to have the relevant bits. Car is a 2015, not a 2017 as I said in the original post. No idea what an X753 is in the diagram but it seems like it could be a relay? Also found a youtube video where it sounded like the front BCM takes care of this sort of thing so maybe that's got something to do with it?

Quick Reply: Macan Parking Lights Always On