Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Charge-o-mat for 2023 Macan?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2023 | 05:52 PM
implant
7th Gear

Default Porsche Charge-o-mat for 2023 Macan?

Hi folks.

Is it true that the 2023 Macan S cannot use the Porsche Charge-o-mat Battery Maintainer and Charger via a 12 volt receptacle plug in?

I read on another vendor site that the Charge-o-mat must be used only via a direct battery connection only.

Which is it?

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2023 | 08:54 PM
steveo17
Advanced

Originally Posted by implant
Hi folks.

Is it true that the 2023 Macan S cannot use the Porsche Charge-o-mat Battery Maintainer and Charger via a 12 volt receptacle plug in?

I read on another vendor site that the Charge-o-mat must be used only via a direct battery connection only.

Which is it?

Thanks.
Both are true. You would need to also buy the alligator clips to convert from the cigarette lighter to be able to clip to the terminals under the hood

Or you can get this which I believe is the same thing (CTEK makes the Porsche branded one) sans the Porsche logo But has the alligator clips

CTEK - 40-206 MXS 5.0 Fully Automatic 4.3 amp Battery Charger and Maintainer 12V https://a.co/d/3kw7odZ

Old 07-25-2023 | 08:54 PM
rdubu
Advanced

Originally Posted by implant
Hi folks.

Which is it?

Thanks.
With my 22S I use a CTEK MXS 5.0 with the 12v socket in back. Charge-o-mat is a rebranded CTEK as I understand.
Old 07-26-2023 | 01:13 PM
implant
7th Gear

Default Not true

Good morning.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and connected the Porsche Charge-o-mat Battery Maintainer and Charger (Pro) via a 12 volt receptacle plug located in the console under a little rubber mat in my 2023 Macan S with success. The trickler got quite warm but by morning it was cool and the Macan was fully charged. My own question answered.

So now I have encountered two vendors who were wrong-one concerning the charger and the other concerning the recommended size of frunk liner for my 911.

Caveat emptor.
Old 07-26-2023 | 01:15 PM
implant
7th Gear

SORRY-DUPLICATION-I'M STILL A ROOKIE HERE

Good morning.

I went ahead and bit the bullet and connected the Porsche Charge-o-mat Battery Maintainer and Charger (Pro) via a 12 volt receptacle plug located in the console under a little rubber mat in my 2023 Macan S with success. The trickler got quite warm but by morning it was cool and the Macan was fully charged. My own question answered.

So now I have encountered two vendors who were wrong-one concerning the charger and the other concerning the recommended size of frunk liner for my 911.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited by implant; 07-26-2023 at 01:17 PM. Reason: error- duplication
The following users liked this post:
rdubu (07-26-2023)

Quick Reply: Porsche Charge-o-mat for 2023 Macan?