Macan 2014-Current

2015 Macan Turbo - AS and Sport Exhaust Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 11:41 PM
digband
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Macan Turbo - AS and Sport Exhaust Questions

I've just picked up a new-to-me 2015 Macan Turbo that has air suspension (AS) and sport exhaust (PSE). I've noticed a few things that I was hoping the forum might give me feedback on.

1 - When I first start the car, the exhaust note is noticeably louder for about the first minute or so, then it seems to settle down to a modest hum. Is this normal? Anyone else with PSE notice this on start up?
2 - After I turn off and exit the car, sometimes the air suspension starts lowering or raising the car (haven't determined if it's exclusively one or the other) - it makes a little buzzing noise and I can see the car lower, then it stops. Is this normal behavior? Seems to me it should only lower or raise when I have changed the setting. I have a Cayenne with AS and it does not do this.

Thanks a lot for any feedback or input. Loving the car - the turbo and torque are really fun!
Old 06-26-2023, 11:06 AM
signde
Racer

Received 270 Likes on 156 Posts

the startup behavior is normal and common on most modern day cars. a catalytic converter is only efficient when it is hot so a common approach is to dump fuel on a cold start in an attempt to warm the cat as quickly as possible.

the air suspension engaging after exit is also normal. from what i read, the system is an auto leveling one. when you get out of the car you've changed the balance, so the car adjusts the difference in load.
Old 06-26-2023, 01:00 PM
Mike Dee
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by signde
the startup behavior is normal and common on most modern day cars. a catalytic converter is only efficient when it is hot so a common approach is to dump fuel on a cold start in an attempt to warm the cat as quickly as possible.

the air suspension engaging after exit is also normal. from what i read, the system is an auto leveling one. when you get out of the car you've changed the balance, so the car adjusts the difference in load.
Thanks for your reply. Good to know this isn't due to malfunction.
Old 07-01-2023, 02:34 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Sounds like an aquarium pump when you turn off the motor and exit the car. The air suspension on my 2022 Panamera ST is very different and quit after shut off.

Quick Reply: 2015 Macan Turbo - AS and Sport Exhaust Questions