Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Is collusion warning/automatic emergency braking standard for 2023 Macan (S)?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023, 02:58 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Is collusion warning/automatic emergency braking standard for 2023 Macan (S)?

While lots of basic features come finally standard with the 23 base macan (S), I could not find anywhere in the spec sheets something about collusion warning/automatic emergency braking. Does anybody know if these functions are now included? There was this Video on YouTube but the guy was wrong on several points in that Video, so I don't really trust his words.

Old 06-26-2023, 12:38 AM
rampar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We had our 2023 GTS ordered from factory, and we aren't fans of those technology items, so we specified it without emergency braking, lane keep assist, etc... I think it's just a single package. We were able to add in lane change assist separately. So I would guess most likely it's not standard.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:48 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by rampar
We had our 2023 GTS ordered from factory, and we aren't fans of those technology items, so we specified it without emergency braking, lane keep assist, etc... I think it's just a single package. We were able to add in lane change assist separately. So I would guess most likely it's not standard.
The function is called PAS (Porsche Active Safe). Some people in other forums say that it is part of the Adaptive Cruise control which comes now standard with all Macan. I tried to look it up and you can not select anywhere in the configurator PAS for Porsche Macan. I looked under Cayenne, where ACC is optional and over there you find this under ACC description: Radar- and video-based technology that monitors and automatically regulates the distance from the vehicle in front as required even down to a halt by means of the stop-and-go function (usable at 19+ mph). Additional functions: audible warning if too close; warning by active jolt of the brakes; strategic braking; visual and audible warning if pedestrians are detected within collision range.

Based on all the information above, I assume we have PAS. But hope to hear from current 2023 Macan S owners to get final confirmation.

Quick Reply: Is collusion warning/automatic emergency braking standard for 2023 Macan (S)?