Macan 2014-Current

How are your experiences with Chrome Delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 06:36 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 152 Posts
Default How are your experiences with Chrome Delete

My incoming Macan S has too much chrome for my taste. I didn't configure the car myself, just put my name on an incoming car, which other than the chrome trims, is the perfect car for me. I would like to chrome delete the windows trim, the Macan S emblem, swap the exhaust tips with black ones and maybe the door handles and the mirrors. Any experience with chrome delete? How long does it last? Is it messy to remove and does it damage any underlying structure. Thank you in advance for your answers and if available pictures.
Old 06-24-2023, 07:54 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 644 Posts

Emblems are easy. For the taillight bar you can buy the letters or buy the whole bar w/ black letters already on it (much easier). It's a separate trim piece from the taillights themselves. Macan S emblem is just adhesive so easy to change just get a good measurement before you remove and mark w/ tape.

On the Macan I am not sure if the exhaust tips are bolt on or if they are welded to the rear muffler and you have to replace the mufflers. On my Panamera they are just bolt on. I have never looked on our Macan.

I think door handles are only black or body color, not chrome? I'm sure you can just buy the gloss black ones and install them, probably easy DIY door panel removal, the only hitch could be if they have to be coded w/ PIWIS b/c of the keyless entry button. Which they may have to be.

I would have the dealer replace all the window trim, it's a big job. I guess you could plastidip but that seems a little sketchy for a brand new Porsche.

Same with the roof rails if it has them in chrome, have dealer replace. I think this is a headliner drop but not sure.

Last edited by Nickshu; 06-24-2023 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2023, 09:40 PM
jbx2
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

You can get the frames wrapped
Old 06-25-2023, 07:42 AM
nevil
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

When I specced my 2022, I seem to remember the roof rails were only available in black. Ended not getting them anyway.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:54 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Exhaust tips are easy bolt on items.

Quick Reply: How are your experiences with Chrome Delete