Macan 2014-Current

Help me restore this Macan S!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2023, 09:52 PM
Muuhaha
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Help me restore this Macan S!

Hey guys. After selling my 997.1TT I finally got another P-Car in the family --- '16 Macan S. I started a resto business a little while ago and got the S from auction with side swipe damage and a broken rear control arm, nothing major. Wanted to get something for the wife so she cant complain when I get my 991.2TT haha.

Anyway, doors will be replaced, and minor damage fixes for the front/ rear bumpers is about to get underway. After taking off the front bumper, I noticed some grease/oil leaking/splattered from somewhere under the hood. This is my 1st time taking a look at these engines, so wondering if anyone has an idea of what this could be. Its real tight up front, but it looks like its coming from the middle of the engine, maybe from like the belt tensioner? It doesnt look like its oil, its thick like bearing grease. Hopefully someone can tell from the pictures.

Also, I'm not sure if this is just water from me washing the car, but does this look like a faintly leaking radiator? Theres a VERY faint smell off coolant, but my 997 kind of always had that ... not sure if its just a Porsche thing. Theres no white/pink buildup like a coolant leak usually shows, just taking precaution!

Thanks guys, glad to be back in the Porsche family!
Attached Images    
Old 06-24-2023, 02:48 PM
Muuhaha
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Did a little digging and found a ton of threads about TCC leaks, which I'm sure you're all familiar with. Found some threads about upgrading the bolts and what not. Ill take a look a bit later today to see if I have any broken/loose bolts that may be causing the issue. The splash shield/cover under the car wasnt saturated or anything with oil, and the underside of the engine itself wasnt wildly oily either, it was really just that congealed oil (not grease) that you could see in the pictures I posted.

Quick Reply: Help me restore this Macan S!