Macan 2014-Current

State Inspections. For or Against?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 06:38 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by ///Bruce
No need to check for brakes? Wiper blades? Lights? Sufficient tread on the tires themselves? My first thought that comes to mind was being told to look at the cord showing on the 20" rears on my 2003 X5 4.6is due to their excessive rear camber. How many people going in for a legitimate inspection by a licensed shop were told something of true importance regarding their cars when they themselves would never have noticed or cared if the mechanic had not said something potentially saving a life or two? And, it rains a pretty good bit up your way too, doesn't it?

Safe driving.
The inspection stations are gone now. I suppose if you had gone into one of them while they were required and you were dragging your muffler on the ground, it would have to be fixed to pass. Moot point now.
Old 05-29-2023, 10:56 PM
jbx2
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Your contention is a bit short sighted. I'm sure there are more folks interested in maintaining their vehicles to some degree of compliance to protect themselves and others. Some folks don't mind being told they need new brakes and will have them replaced. Just because some people ignore the law and circumvent the system doesn't mean everyone will do the same. Law enforcement or whoever whatever should enforce the law not eliminate it because folks don't comply.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (05-30-2023)
Old 05-30-2023, 02:38 AM
wwahl
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jbx2
Your contention is a bit short sighted. I'm sure there are more folks interested in maintaining their vehicles to some degree of compliance to protect themselves and others. Some folks don't mind being told they need new brakes and will have them replaced. Just because some people ignore the law and circumvent the system doesn't mean everyone will do the same. Law enforcement or whoever whatever should enforce the law not eliminate it because folks don't comply.
Emission checking was the law passed. If the inspection was to cover safety they would have written the law differently.
Old 05-30-2023, 11:40 AM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jbx2
To quote you: "Just because some people ignore the law and circumvent the system doesn't mean everyone will do the same". My point exactly. It's the ones that skirt the law that scare me being on the same roads as you and me. Been literally driving for 61 years now. Seen all kinds of crazy stuff on the roads by both drivers and the vehicles they aim.

But hey. Let's make it the same for everyone: If we can't enforece the existing laws and rules, let's just remove all rules and laws to make it UNsafe out there for all of us. And we allow this to happen. What a stupid mentality. IMHO....

We as humans are nothing more than what we collectively SEE and HEAR. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Last edited by ///Bruce; 05-30-2023 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: State Inspections. For or Against?