Macan 2014-Current

Carrara White touch-up paint question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 07:21 PM
josephvman
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Carrara White touch-up paint question

I picked up some Porsche touch-up paint for the new-to-me 2021 Macan I got last week, and there are three different bottles in the package, with no instructions. I usually expect 2, a color bottle and clearcoat, so I'm not sure what's going on with this kit. One is obviously clearcoat, one is very white, and one is extremely pearlescent but looks almost like silver. Any ideas?
Old 12-14-2022, 11:35 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by josephvman
I picked up some Porsche touch-up paint for the new-to-me 2021 Macan I got last week, and there are three different bottles in the package, with no instructions. I usually expect 2, a color bottle and clearcoat, so I'm not sure what's going on with this kit. One is obviously clearcoat, one is very white, and one is extremely pearlescent but looks almost like silver. Any ideas?
Maybe the folks to contact might be the ones that sold this product to you. Have you tried that approach?
Old 12-15-2022, 10:10 AM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts

Tri-coat for pearl effect. Try mixing a drop of white and pearl together, apply with ultra fine touch up tip, let dry. Remove excess with LIGHT touch and blending solution. Dry, then clear. Won’t be perfect but….
Old 12-15-2022, 01:58 PM
josephvman
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 132 Posts

Yes, parts guy has no idea.

Originally Posted by wwahl
Maybe the folks to contact might be the ones that sold this product to you. Have you tried that approach?

Quick Reply: Carrara White touch-up paint question