Macan 2014-Current

2023 Macan GTS vs Audi RSQ8

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 07:17 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by pookiemalibu
First: I'd venture to say I'm far from UnEduMaKated. Second, I never said the Fed was a villain. Third, define the term "reputable economist". Is that some academic with a 160 IQ? Those are a dime a dozen. To quote Warren Buffett "[C]an you name me one super-wealthy economist that’s ever made money out of securities? No.". Economists at the Fed were projecting that inflation, using their preferred measure, would recede to 2.1% by the end of this year. For a brief period it was nearly 4 times that and God knows when we will get back to the 2% target. 2024? 2025? I don't think the Fed is a villian, I just think they're not that good at their jobs. Their only responses are QE, QT, raising rates or some combination thereof. That's it. Keeping interest rates near zero for a decade is the best you can do? Yea. No. Personally, from a pure investment standpoint: bring on the recession. I hope it's long and painful for equities. Most folks aren't invested in the stock market anyways so this notion that it hurts the average Joe holds little weight.

Do you work for the Fed or something? You seem to be taking this kind of personally for a fairly innocuous comment on a Porsche forum. I know most of your names aren't subject to FOIA requests so feel free to air it it out!
I don't work for the Fed, and I didn't say anything about you personally. Every person can use their own judgment to figure out what I meant by "reputable economist," so I won't address that further, but it seems fairly obvious to me that the Fed chairman and other very highly skilled and well-educated people who work at the Fed know a lot more about what they are doing than they are given credit for by the people who enjoy criticizing the Fed without understanding what the Fed is doing or why. Does that mean the Fed knows how to fix everything or that it is incapable of making mistakes? Of course not, but the folks making decisions and doing the research and analysis at the Fed deserve some respect for what they are doing. There is really no basis to say that Jerome Powell is on some sort of crusade to raise rates for no reason.
The following users liked this post:
35mphgolf (12-04-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 11:23 AM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 111 Posts

Shandingo, you’re right. This is not the place to start discussing politics or monetary policies.

Let’s stick to cars.
StuM (11-15-2023)
Old 12-20-2022, 10:54 PM
Chillywon
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

No comparison between the Q8 prestige and a Macan. I just traded our 22’ Macan S in for another 911. And was looking at the Cayenne S for our daily until I took a loaded q8 for a ride. A lot of car for a less cash. My first Audi but but definitely not my last.

The Q8 won’t be dropping 30’s at Sebring though. The Macan did. Number one reason for selling was I had to get back into a 911. And back under 20’s 😉.

Last edited by Chillywon; 12-20-2022 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:30 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,420 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Originally Posted by ellwer
Starting to think about my next car. Had a 2019 Macan GTS, which I loved. Wanted to switch to a sedan, so currently have an Audi S5. Great car, but I miss the SUV room and versatility. I am now looking at the new GTS vs the Audi RSQ8. I realize that they are different price points, but wanted thoughts. (Of course, my friend is saying I should go electric and opt for a Taycan Crossturismo 4S). Wondering if anyone has experience and input. Best
Decide how much room/space you nees then compare equivalent models. Macan and Q8 are not equivalent models. How many dogs, kids and SOs do you have?
Old 12-31-2022, 11:44 AM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 69 Posts

I’ll add this after a rough Christmas weekend with the RS. The RSQ8 does not have a spare tire and there is NO option for one. When you get a flat and the supplied can of fix-a-flat doesn’t work, you will need to get towed. Macan has a spare tire!
chassis (12-31-2022)
Old 12-31-2022, 01:19 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,420 Likes on 1,040 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete C
I’ll add this after a rough Christmas weekend with the RS. The RSQ8 does not have a spare tire and there is NO option for one. When you get a flat and the supplied can of fix-a-flat doesn’t work, you will need to get towed. Macan has a spare tire!
Dies your RSQ8 have optional stereo (upgraded subwoofer)?
Old 12-31-2022, 09:15 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Dies your RSQ8 have optional stereo (upgraded subwoofer)?
Yes and carbon brakes which I think are the problem.

Quick Reply: 2023 Macan GTS vs Audi RSQ8