Originally Posted by pitt911
my Macan GTS keep getting delayed
I was at dealer yesterday selling my 718 Spyder
they just got a Cayenne GTS in
took for a short drive , sold on the car after 50 yards
so I suggest you look at that
I previously drove RSQ8 that I liked but not loved
I will throw X5M in the mix. My only concern with these is depreciation
I agree but the Cayenne GTS will be more $$$$ - For the RSQ8 money I would take an X5M Competition (or X6M) all day long over the Audi - uber power and for its size is an awesome handling vehicle. I almost bought another X5M before I went Macn GTS - but decided I like the small/lighter ride and end of the day I wanted a new Porsche!

GLWD
Old 11-10-2022, 09:25 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
I agree but the Cayenne GTS will be more $$$$ - For the RSQ8 money I would take an X5M Competition (or X6M) all day long over the Audi - uber power and for its size is an awesome handling vehicle. I almost bought another X5M before I went Macn GTS - but decided I like the small/lighter ride and end of the day I wanted a new Porsche!

GLWD
they are all within same range
my GTS is 130 K
X5MC are around 125 K
RSQ8 around 130 K
The following users liked this post:
supercup (11-12-2022)
Old 11-16-2022, 12:31 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 226 Likes on 146 Posts

Forget them all and get a RS6 Avant.
Old 11-16-2022, 05:58 AM
nemo06
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
I agree, the best sport car for family.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:32 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
I tried to get an allocation with just about every dealership but needless to say was unsuccessful. My local Audi guy said that I can get one at MSRP but the wait was greater than a year. I'm content with my '22 Macan GTS but a RS6 would have been whip cream and cherry on top!

Last edited by luv2sleep; 11-17-2022 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-17-2022, 02:35 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 111 Posts

I have a 2 car garage. I'm not sure I could get the Audi 8 series in there. It's, to me, like comparing a Cayenne to a Macan. They're not the same.
Old 11-17-2022, 06:33 PM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I tried to get an allocation with just about every dealership but needless to say was unsuccessful. My local Audi guy said that I can get one at MSRP but the wait was greater than a year. I'm content with my '22 Macan GTS but a RS6 would have been whip cream and cherry on top!
I think the rs6 avant clocked in at 5100 lbs... its a heffer
supercup (11-19-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 11:48 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chong0
I think the rs6 avant clocked in at 5100 lbs... its a heffer
I’m not into heffers (to each his own) but she’s one chubster I’d like in my barn.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 11-17-2022 at 11:51 PM.
chong0 (11-18-2022)
Old 11-18-2022, 01:50 PM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 293 Likes on 194 Posts

All these cars are 5000 pound heffers....SQ8, RS6, Cayenne....
Old 11-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 69 Posts

I own a 21 Macan GTS that I purchased with 4K mikes now it has 25k on it. My 21 RSQ8 that I bought new and now has just about 30k on it. Night and day different cars, both great in their own right.

You can definitely feel the size and weight difference between the two. There is something “richer” feeling about the RS’s interior by comparison and yes I have full leather in the GTS. The RS makes the GTS feel slow by. The CCB’s on the RS are unreal (also noisy). I traded my 14 Cayenne GTS for the RS, I never considered a new Cayenne. To me and most others in my circle, the RS looks so much more special than the new Cayenne. Mine fully loaded was 145k.

The small size of the Macan makes it feel more nimble and I still prefer the GTS seats although the RS seats are a close second. The MMI in the RS can be a little finicky at times. B&O 3D sounds great!
Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
The following 2 users liked this post by Pete C:
JohnnyC8 (12-20-2022), supercup (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 12:40 AM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

There’s no replacement for displacement. These “heffers” have nice straight light performance and the V8TTs are glorious engines but not too many Macan GTS shoppers will cross shop them. They are on a whole different level and class vs. the Macan GTS. To each his own.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:36 AM
pookiemalibu
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you're willing to jump into Super-SUV territory (X5M, Cayenne GTS, RSQ8) I think the Macan may not be in the same league as other posters have stated. I have an X5M Competition as my daily and it's an amazing automobile. Deceptively quick off the line. Handles like a dream. Depreciation is an issue w/ all the Super SUVs. I lucked out and ordered before things went to ****, the market tanked and Jerome Powell started his "War on Inflation". I pay more for Mrs. Malibu's Macan S than I do for my X5M Competition. Let that sink in for a while. Depending on your financial pain tolerance, I'd say go w/ the Macan GTS and/or take a look at the X3M/X3M Competition as a reference point.

Best thing the Macan has going for it is a high residual (66% when you buy some stupid package and get a 1% residual bump) so while not impossible, you're unlikely to be upside down. Best thing the X3M has going for it is that the factory is in South Carolina so no waiting on a ship to dock (or catch on fire). We had an Audi some years ago and it was a great car but playing around w/ the configurator doesn't yield much variation. My wife is ecstatic she could get Miami blue seatbelts.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:07 PM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by pookiemalibu
If you're willing to jump into Super-SUV territory (X5M, Cayenne GTS, RSQ8) I think the Macan may not be in the same league as other posters have stated. I have an X5M Competition as my daily and it's an amazing automobile. Deceptively quick off the line. Handles like a dream. Depreciation is an issue w/ all the Super SUVs. I lucked out and ordered before things went to ****, the market tanked and Jerome Powell started his "War on Inflation". I pay more for Mrs. Malibu's Macan S than I do for my X5M Competition. Let that sink in for a while. Depending on your financial pain tolerance, I'd say go w/ the Macan GTS and/or take a look at the X3M/X3M Competition as a reference point.

Best thing the Macan has going for it is a high residual (66% when you buy some stupid package and get a 1% residual bump) so while not impossible, you're unlikely to be upside down. Best thing the X3M has going for it is that the factory is in South Carolina so no waiting on a ship to dock (or catch on fire). We had an Audi some years ago and it was a great car but playing around w/ the configurator doesn't yield much variation. My wife is ecstatic she could get Miami blue seatbelts.
Maybe not the place for a debate about monetary policy, but the reference to Jerome Powell's war on inflation makes it sound as if there is some other path that the Fed should take other than raising interest rates to get inflation under control. Every reputable economist out there will tell you that under the present circumstances it was and is necessary to tighten aggressively to avoid run away inflation, which would have devastating economic consequences. Sorry, but it bothers me when people try to make the Fed out to be some kind of villain for doing its job. Maybe that wasn't the intent of the comment, but there is a reason the Fed does the things it does. It is just unfortunate that there are so many uneducated folks out there who think the Fed is some kind of boogey man conspiracy.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:03 PM
pookiemalibu
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Shandingo
Maybe not the place for a debate about monetary policy, but the reference to Jerome Powell's war on inflation makes it sound as if there is some other path that the Fed should take other than raising interest rates to get inflation under control. Every reputable economist out there will tell you that under the present circumstances it was and is necessary to tighten aggressively to avoid run away inflation, which would have devastating economic consequences. Sorry, but it bothers me when people try to make the Fed out to be some kind of villain for doing its job. Maybe that wasn't the intent of the comment, but there is a reason the Fed does the things it does. It is just unfortunate that there are so many uneducated folks out there who think the Fed is some kind of boogey man conspiracy.
First: I'd venture to say I'm far from UnEduMaKated. Second, I never said the Fed was a villain. Third, define the term "reputable economist". Is that some academic with a 160 IQ? Those are a dime a dozen. To quote Warren Buffett "[C]an you name me one super-wealthy economist that’s ever made money out of securities? No.". Economists at the Fed were projecting that inflation, using their preferred measure, would recede to 2.1% by the end of this year. For a brief period it was nearly 4 times that and God knows when we will get back to the 2% target. 2024? 2025? I don't think the Fed is a villian, I just think they're not that good at their jobs. Their only responses are QE, QT, raising rates or some combination thereof. That's it. Keeping interest rates near zero for a decade is the best you can do? Yea. No. Personally, from a pure investment standpoint: bring on the recession. I hope it's long and painful for equities. Most folks aren't invested in the stock market anyways so this notion that it hurts the average Joe holds little weight.

Do you work for the Fed or something? You seem to be taking this kind of personally for a fairly innocuous comment on a Porsche forum. I know most of your names aren't subject to FOIA requests so feel free to air it it out!
The following 2 users liked this post by pookiemalibu:
BigBob (12-01-2022), srf409 (12-20-2022)

Quick Reply: 2023 Macan GTS vs Audi RSQ8