Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Premium Package Plus no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 04:33 PM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Premium Package Plus no longer available?

Hi all, I'm new to Rennlist. I have a 2023 Macan S on order. Today I went to check my build code and received this pop-up saying that the Premium Package Plus is no longer available and will be removed from the configuration. My Macan entered the body shop on July 20th and is expected to exit production on Friday. My saleswoman is out of town this week, but I'm hoping that my build will still have the P+ pack. Not sure if anyone has any info about this, but any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by CincyRovers; 08-10-2022 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2022, 05:03 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

That notice sucks. The Premium Package Plus is a quick / easy / complete way to configure the vehicle for options that are desirable for many owners.

Definitely work it out w/ your sales person to get the required vehicle.

It is possible that there might be a delay associated w/ maintaining that configuration option.

It seems very strange to me that a previously agreed / scheduled vehicle configuration ordered vehicle would be changed w/o confirmation from the customer.
The following users liked this post:
CincyRovers (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 05:18 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyRovers
Hi all, I'm new to Rennlist. I have a 2023 Macan S on order. Today I went to check my build code and received this pop-up saying that the Premium Package Plus is no longer available and will be removed from the configuration. My Macan entered the body shop on July 20th and is expected to exit production on Friday. My saleswoman is out of town this week, but I'm hoping that my build will still have the P+ pack. Not sure if anyone has any info about this, but any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Just checked the Porsche Configurator and the Bose Surround Sound System is no longer part of the Premium Package Plus. The cost also went down to $3,660 for the package. I just put in my Porsche code to view my configuration and received the same message. My car has finished production in mid July and is already on a boat. Just contacted my SA about this and awaiting a response.
CincyRovers (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 05:22 PM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

The Bose system is still listed on my configuration, despite no longer being part of the P+ pack.
supercup (08-10-2022)
Old 08-10-2022, 05:49 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

The Bose system is still listed on my configuration, despite no longer being part of the P+ pack.
I have that well, but now I noticed that LCA, heated and ventilated seats no longer show up. Hoping this does not effect my car since it was already built last month.
Old 08-10-2022, 06:42 PM
rdubu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Maybe having Bose optioned separately is a way to bound the number of impacted customers if supply issues become more severe.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:12 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

As long as you have a commission number given to you by your dealer, I would think that Porsche should honor your build. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:36 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

My understanding is that these updates are impacting cars that haven't entered production yet. This is affecting other models as well. If something is being removed from a car you've already ordered, your sales associate should be notifying you of a price reduction.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:44 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I just checked my ordered Porsche code, same thing "PP+ no longer available and will be removed" that left me with No Panoramic Roof and No LCA , don't care about
Heated or Ventilated seats, or LED Headlights PDLS or even Bose Sound. I texted my SA, he says that Porsche would have done my car according to the original
built sheet that included the original PP+
He will give me a confirmation tomorrow... BTW my build was also completed on Jul 20, and it is a MY.23
Old 08-10-2022, 09:00 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Originally Posted by patrickoleas
I just checked my ordered Porsche code, same thing "PP+ no longer available and will be removed" that left me with No Panoramic Roof and No LCA , don't care about
Heated or Ventilated seats, or LED Headlights PDLS or even Bose Sound. I texted my SA, he says that Porsche would have done my car according to the original
built sheet that included the original PP+
He will give me a confirmation tomorrow... BTW my build was also completed on Jul 20, and it is a MY.23
Hoping that is the case, curious to hear what my SA will respond with.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:39 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 643 Posts

Bose chips have been an issue for the past year or so. Vehicles delivered to port in the USA awaiting Bose chips to be installed have seen several "hold at port" orders. Dealers cannot release the cars to new owners b/c safety systems "announce" through the audio system so they cannot deliver the car w/o a functional audio system.

I spec'd Burmeister on my 2022 GTS order (b/c I am somewhat of an audiophile)....my dealer mentioned that spec'ing Burmeister got the car to me much faster than if I had stayed w/ the Bose.

Sucks on the Premium Package Plus. Porsche is in a world of hurt at the moment. My dealer told my friend 3-4 years on a Boxster Spyder order. I don't know how they keep sales guys (paid on commission) employed at the moment.

Last edited by Nickshu; 08-11-2022 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2022, 11:25 AM
schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I don't know how they keep sales guys (paid on commission) employed at the moment.
I have the sense that some (many?) of the salespeople are part time, and work other jobs to maintain a livable income.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:11 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I don't know how they keep sales guys (paid on commission) employed at the moment.
I think many dealerships provide a guaranteed base salary which is typically very small but a large number of sales people have either quit or been terminated leaving just the top producers so they aren't competing as much for the decreased number of sales that do get to book. The last time I've gone into my store, the sales desks are pretty much 3/4 empty. The surviving sales people seem to be doing pretty well for themselves as cars sell for full MSRP or more meaning very healthy margins to make up for the lack of volume. And most likely side hustles too. The weird thing is that there are staffing shortages on the service side too causing long wait times where there is no decrease in demand for service. Sales people have always bounced around from industry to industry but where the technicians have gone, I have no clue.
Old 08-11-2022, 06:48 PM
compumar
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More info on Bose Order Stop

Here is what a friend received from his Porsche sales associate:

“As some of you have noticed, when building some of your allocation, you are not allowed to add Bose to certain vehicles. There is now an ‘Order Stop’ on Bose for select Macan and 718 for the next three production months (October – December). This also makes Premium Package (and Plus) unavailable for these vehicles as well.

As of now, the following vehicles are impacted by this Bose Order Stop:

Macan, Macan T, Macan S

718, 718 T, 718 S, 718 GTS

We regret this disruption and hopefully our suppliers can ramp-up sooner than expected. Please inform your staff and plan accordingly.”

Old 08-11-2022, 07:42 PM
AaronGTS
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

My configerator is still allowing me to add premium plus...

Quick Reply: Premium Package Plus no longer available?