Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Premium Package Plus no longer available?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 07:47 PM
compumar
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what my friend was told the GTS is not affected—only the base Macan, Macan T and Macan S. He has a GTS allocation.

Last edited by compumar; 08-11-2022 at 07:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AaronGTS (08-11-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 10:13 AM
CincyRovers
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by compumar
Here is what a friend received from his Porsche sales associate:

“As some of you have noticed, when building some of your allocation, you are not allowed to add Bose to certain vehicles. There is now an ‘Order Stop’ on Bose for select Macan and 718 for the next three production months (October – December). This also makes Premium Package (and Plus) unavailable for these vehicles as well.

As of now, the following vehicles are impacted by this Bose Order Stop:

Macan, Macan T, Macan S

718, 718 T, 718 S, 718 GTS

We regret this disruption and hopefully our suppliers can ramp-up sooner than expected. Please inform your staff and plan accordingly.”
Do you think my build will be affected? It is expected to exit production today, August 12.
Old 08-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Smigelski
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyRovers
Hi all, I'm new to Rennlist. I have a 2023 Macan S on order. Today I went to check my build code and received this pop-up saying that the Premium Package Plus is no longer available and will be removed from the configuration. My Macan entered the body shop on July 20th and is expected to exit production on Friday. My saleswoman is out of town this week, but I'm hoping that my build will still have the P+ pack. Not sure if anyone has any info about this, but any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
I checked it out. The Bose stereo is indeed removed from the Premium Package Plus (which, as mentioned, is still available, but without Bose). But you can still add the Bose to the build in the Audio & Communication section. It ends up costing $10 more than what it was in the Premium Package Plus. I guess they separated it so that less people will get the Bose stereo 'automatically.'
Old 08-12-2022, 05:03 PM
CapitalAL
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Smigelski
I checked it out. The Bose stereo is indeed removed from the Premium Package Plus (which, as mentioned, is still available, but without Bose). But you can still add the Bose to the build in the Audio & Communication section. It ends up costing $10 more than what it was in the Premium Package Plus. I guess they separated it so that less people will get the Bose stereo 'automatically.'
So basically the premium package plus removes the Bose but you can still get it as a stand alone option. That makes no sense because if it was a chip/supplier issue Bose would not be available at all.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:19 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CapitalAL
So basically the premium package plus removes the Bose but you can still get it as a stand alone option. That makes no sense because if it was a chip/supplier issue Bose would not be available at all.
The only reason I can think of is that many buyers might want PP+ and not necessarily because of the Bose Sound but for the other options
that come with it…that way they can just get the base standard sound system and save several hundred dollars (I would have done that)
and of course others might want to upgrade for the superior Burmester.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:49 AM
canamera
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by compumar
From what my friend was told the GTS is not affected—only the base Macan, Macan T and Macan S. He has a GTS allocation.
It looks like the Bose upgrade has disappeared, the Premium Plus package is still available but the price is reduced accordingly.
Old 08-16-2022, 08:44 AM
Smigelski
6th Gear

I talked to my SA yesterday. Apparently, as of August 4, this took affect. Any order in the system before August 4 with the 'PU2' package (previous Premium Package Plus, with the Bose) is still in the system and will be build as-spec'd.
The following 2 users liked this post by Smigelski:
CapitalAL (08-16-2022), CincyRovers (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 09:38 AM
Smigelski
6th Gear

Originally Posted by canamera
It looks like the Bose upgrade has disappeared, the Premium Plus package is still available but the price is reduced accordingly.
Yeah, I just looked again. The Bose option is not only gone from the Premium Plus Package, but also removed completely from the individual option list for the Macan S (Macan and Macan T as well). It's still available on the GTS.
Old 08-17-2022, 08:42 PM
dougeefresh
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My order also locked last month so I reached out to my SA and he said "Orders after 8/4, and through December, will not have Bose sound".
Old 08-17-2022, 10:32 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

This is getting kind of interesting.... My SA is going total opposite of what people here are saying. I only received word last week (Tues Aug 9) that I finally got my '23 GTS allocation which will be a November build and January delivery (Im in Ontario, Canada).
I left my 5k deposit back in early May and I also gave my SA my general spec so we could price things out (which I updated & changed very slightly once I got the allocation last week). I only learned of the 'stop bose' orders from this forum last Saturday Aug 13th. I asked my SA about it on Monday Aug 15th and he spoke to MGMT which said 'dont worry, since your original spec had Premium pkg plus on it, you wont be affected and we can input the options individually through the dealer system which includes the bose, AND honor the price'.

Honestly, to me it seems a little weird because my spec doesnt even lock for another month or so.....how in the world am I guaranteed to get the bose based off a spec I put in w/ my deposit in May?
SA and MGMT seem to not be worried and they have included the Premium Pkg Plus (w/ bose) on my new bill of sale for my November build. I made it 100% clear the bose is a make or break option for me and if I cant have it, I want to push my delivery out 2-3 months until I can have it. They said it will be fine for my November build and not to worry. I dont know what to think anymore and Im a bit nervous.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by STKDoctor; 08-17-2022 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:53 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by STKDoctor
This is getting kind of interesting.... My SA is going total opposite of what people here are saying. I only received word last week (Tues Aug 9) that I finally got my '23 GTS allocation which will be a November build and January delivery (Im in Ontario, Canada).
I left my 5k deposit back in early May and I also gave my SA my general spec so we could price things out (which I updated & changed very slightly once I got the allocation last week). I only learned of the 'stop bose' orders from this forum last Saturday Aug 13th. I asked my SA about it on Monday Aug 15th and he spoke to MGMT which said 'dont worry, since your original spec had Premium pkg plus on it, you wont be affected and we can input the options individually through the dealer system which includes the bose, AND honor the price'.

Honestly, to me it seems a little weird because my spec doesnt even lock for another month or so.....how in the world am I guaranteed to get the bose based off a spec I put in w/ my deposit in May?
SA and MGMT seem to not be worried and they have included the Premium Pkg Plus (w/ bose) on my new bill of sale for my November build. I made it 100% clear the bose is a make or break option for me and if I cant have it, I want to push my delivery out 2-3 months until I can have it. They said it will be fine for my November build and not to worry. I dont know what to think anymore and Im a bit nervous.
If there’s one thing I learned after taking delivery of my 992 last May, any angst I had was derived from reading these forums and none came to pass that my SA hadn’t informed me of prior to the order locking.
mikebrinda (08-21-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 07:59 AM
Smigelski
6th Gear

Originally Posted by STKDoctor

As an FYI, the Macan GTS is unaffected by the stop-sale on the Bose, at least in the US. I just checked the Canada website and I don't see the Bose option of the Macan GTS there, so it looks like that's a difference between US and Canada.

Anyway, a similar thing happened to me that you described, and my SA explained it to me this way (shortened version):

On 8/2 I texted him: "Alright, I think I'm ready to put the order in."

Him: "Okay, I'll put the order in when you confirm you are 100% ready."

On 8/5, I text him back: "Let's do it. I'm 100% ready."

Then, a few days later, I learn about the stop-sale with the Bose. When I ask him about it, he told me that since my original spec had the 'PU2' Premium Plus Package (with the Bose), my car would have it. It turns out that he 'saved my spot' by putting my build in the next allocation on 8/2, even though I didn't tell him I was 100% ready until 8/5. My build doesn't lock until 9/21. I guess if I backed out, he would have just removed my build from the system. But since it was in the system on 8/2, it beat the deadline for the cutoff.

And, Honestly, I've been debating since the beginning if I even want the Bose in the first place (I mainly listen to spoken-word podcasts in the car). Now I can save $980 USD easily by switching to the new Premium Plus Package. But now that the Bose is unavailable, I kinda don't want to give it up. LOL.

STKDoctor (08-18-2022)
Old 08-18-2022, 08:28 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

And, Honestly, I've been debating since the beginning if I even want the Bose in the first place (I mainly listen to spoken-word podcasts in the car). Now I can save $980 USD easily by switching to the new Premium Plus Package. But now that the Bose is unavailable, I kinda don't want to give it up. LOL.
Ahh yes - the value of wanting the things we are told we can't have!

Quick Reply: Premium Package Plus no longer available?