Macan 2014-Current

Navigation map online update

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 07:03 PM
Redbeanbun
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation map online update

Hi All, driving a 2019 Macan S in Montreal Canada with an active subscription for navigation.

There has been no updates available to download.

Would anyone be able to share what’s the latest version of the navigation map ?

Currently mine is at 2018. And my dealership told me it’s the latest.

Secondly has anyone been able to update over the air via wifi ?

Porsche helpdesk told me it can only be done via sim.

Thirdly the dealership told me if there is an update and I would like to update manually - it would cost $400-500 as they would have to order the media.

How much are you paying for a manual update at the dealership ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Redbeanbun; 07-26-2022 at 07:06 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:47 PM
vinceGTS

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I use nav vis my iphone via apple car play so I don't really worry abut older maps in my PCM.
If you don't have apple car play and still want the updated PCNM maps, search this forum for simaservis1108 - he has been able to download map updates and as well as activating apple carplay and android auto

Last edited by vinceGTS; 07-26-2022 at 08:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:56 PM
Redbeanbun
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by vinceGTS
I use nav vis my iphone via apple car play so I don't really worry abut older maps in my PCM.
If you don't have apple car play and still want the updated PCNM maps, search this forum for simaservis1108 - he has been able to download map updates and as well as activating apple carplay and android auto
I have carplay. But prefer the pcm nav integration with the instrument cluster.

Old 08-03-2022, 03:16 AM
Redbeanbun
Cruisin'

Anyone ?
Old 08-07-2022, 07:47 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

I haven't been able to get OTA map updates ever working well. Dozens of phone calls to Porsches, multiple cases opened, and a trip or two to the dealer to try manually updating with a DVD and nothing. I only renewed the free one year one time and then asked for a refund after months of no working.

Also, for more than a year, my Apple calendar will not synch with the car.

The techs at the dealer say there are all sorts of problems with OTA map and other PCM issues.

I am using car play exclusively now, and that's a shame because I liked the PCM nav much better.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:30 PM
Redbeanbun
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
I haven't been able to get OTA map updates ever working well. Dozens of phone calls to Porsches, multiple cases opened, and a trip or two to the dealer to try manually updating with a DVD and nothing. I only renewed the free one year one time and then asked for a refund after months of no working.

Also, for more than a year, my Apple calendar will not synch with the car.

The techs at the dealer say there are all sorts of problems with OTA map and other PCM issues.

I am using car play exclusively now, and that's a shame because I liked the PCM nav much better.
Just 2 days ago - rebooted the PCM for kicks and suddenly I received an update notification - 878mb of the map for download. Now its decided to label the version of the Navi map NAR 2022. But when I looked at the specifics - only the state I am in is updated. All other states still 2018.

Travelled to NY today - nothing.

And then porsche connect started working after I reconfigured the TCPIP config on my phone - FYI.

Remove the default route and the auto DNS assignments when you hotspot to the car for connect …

But today
Old 08-07-2022, 09:40 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Redbeanbun
Just 2 days ago - rebooted the PCM for kicks and suddenly I received an update notification - 878mb of the map for download. Now its decided to label the version of the Navi map NAR 2022. But when I looked at the specifics - only the state I am in is updated. All other states still 2018.

Travelled to NY today - nothing.

And then porsche connect started working after I reconfigured the TCPIP config on my phone - FYI.

Remove the default route and the auto DNS assignments when you hotspot to the car for connect …

But today
That was my problem with the maps. Alabama was always a believable date and sometimes Florida. But every other state around me regardless of how many times I drove through them were at least 1-2 years old. They could never tell me why or what each individual state's version number should be. I got so fed up with them. I told them I was their easiest sale and it didn't motivate them.

Can you explain the TCP/IP?
Old 08-07-2022, 09:52 PM
Redbeanbun
Cruisin'

That was my problem with the maps. Alabama was always a believable date and sometimes Florida. But every other state around me regardless of how many times I drove through them were at least 1-2 years old. They could never tell me why or what each individual state's version number should be. I got so fed up with them. I told them I was their easiest sale and it didn't motivate them.

Can you explain the TCP/IP?
I use an iPhone … setup the car’s hotspot. Then get into the iPhone wifi and search for the car’s hotspot. After connecting - get into the profile of that connection and write down the IP address. Then set it for manual IP and use what you wrote and leave the router blank. For the DNS - set it to manual and use the IP address of your ISP.

Then turn on your iPhone’s hotspot on and make a connection from your car to you phone.

It will use your phone’s data plan but this got everything working …
Old 08-07-2022, 10:10 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Redbeanbun
I use an iPhone … setup the car’s hotspot. Then get into the iPhone wifi and search for the car’s hotspot. After connecting - get into the profile of that connection and write down the IP address. Then set it for manual IP and use what you wrote and leave the router blank. For the DNS - set it to manual and use the IP address of your ISP.

Then turn on your iPhone’s hotspot on and make a connection from your car to you phone.

It will use your phone’s data plan but this got everything working …
1. How do you find the IP address of your ISP?
2. Do you have to use your phone as the wi-fi hotspot from then on? I have the AT&T car hot spot subscription for $15/month and it works great for other passengers in the car and complements my phone's T-Mobil so we are very rarely without internet in just about every place we have been.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2022, 10:28 PM
Redbeanbun
Cruisin'

1. How do you find the IP address of your ISP?
2. Do you have to use your phone as the wi-fi hotspot from then on? I have the AT&T car hot spot subscription for $15/month and it works great for other passengers in the car and complements my phone's T-Mobil so we are very rarely without internet in just about every place we have been.

Thanks!
1. Actually just set the DNS to manual and leave it blank when you hotspot to the car.

2. I had a problem with Bell so I had to use my phone as a hot spot.

Quick Reply: Navigation map online update