Macan 2014-Current

2021 GTS Touchscreen issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 02:00 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default 2021 GTS Touchscreen issues

PCM, SiriusXM and CarPlay have been working perfectly until this morning. Apple Carplay no longer appearing on menu on left of screen. Went through steps but doesn't want to work. iPhone does connect to device. Another issue this AM. SiriusXM has always worked fine, but today I'm getting only the "SXM" picture symbol for most all of my channels so it's very difficult to determine what channel is playing or how to select a preferred alternative. Same issue in list of favorites or recents. Had SiriusXM resend signal but that didn't fix it. Any suggestions besides spending some time with my "Porsche tech genius?" TIA.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:02 PM
nevil
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Can't help with your Apple problem.
The Sirius issue is known by the dealers and is apparently a result of some upgrading(?) by Sirius. Supposedly it's being fixed.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:26 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
Can't help with your Apple problem.
The Sirius issue is known by the dealers and is apparently a result of some upgrading(?) by Sirius. Supposedly it's being fixed.
Thanks. Disconnected my iPhone a couple of times, then paired it again. Finally got the CarPlay icon to work.I called SiriusXM who refreshed my signal. One by one the icons returned, so I’m good for now.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:49 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Every so often CarPlay goes away for no reason. Usually comes back if you touch the icon to relink your iPhone in the "Device Manager" screen, but sometimes it stays gone until the next time the car is started. Pretty much par for the course. Nothing anyone can do, because it's impossible to tell whose fault it is.

Quick Reply: 2021 GTS Touchscreen issues