Finally — Musicar Development for the Macan w/ BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 02:42 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

I know some of you have been waiting for this to finish up your installs. Here's the final edit on the install guide video:

The following 3 users liked this post by 12v Nick:
daaa nope (04-16-2023), DerekHK (04-16-2023), gellenole (05-05-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 04:23 PM
RandyL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Well done video! I think that'll improve the "I can do it" factor for lots of folks and generate more business for you.
The following users liked this post:
12v Nick (04-17-2023)
Old 04-16-2023, 07:11 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
I know some of you have been waiting for this to finish up your installs. Here's the final edit on the install guide video:

https://youtu.be/vnQYQHdznFI
Sound deadening now installed, thank you! It definitely completed the system, the improved mid/low range response/volume really was needed!
12v Nick (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 12:22 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RandyL
Well done video! I think that'll improve the "I can do it" factor for lots of folks and generate more business for you.
Thanks! Explaining to people how simple the install is vs seeing a video is so vastly different. Hoping this inspires confidence for the DIY'er!

Originally Posted by mslam02
Sound deadening now installed, thank you! It definitely completed the system, the improved mid/low range response/volume really was needed!
Right on! Glad you got it handled and even happier that it made an impactful difference!
Old 05-04-2023, 03:46 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Looking for audio upgrades to my 2023 Macan T with the base stereo... it just isn't very good.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:28 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Hey @12v Nick I think I recall reading somewhere a "Stage 3" for the Macan Bose was in the works... any updates? Asking for a friend who makes bad financial decisions.
Old 10-18-2023, 10:19 AM
AJBBUR
1st Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

@12v Nick I just installed the stage 3 in my 2023 Macan GTS. Ill preface this with I have ZERO experience installing any car audio but have been fortunate to experience many awesome audio systems. Overall install time was right at 3.5 hours and with the videos guidance was absolutely no problem at all. Packaging is just as good as opening any Apple products and they do an incredible job start to finish with this product.

TWEETERS:
-This is the "toughest" part of the install but the video is excellent and follow it exactly for what to trim and where to trim. If you get angled micro scissors it makes it much easier with the angle of the windshield and location of the tweeters
-This to me honestly makes the most difference. There was zero high end with the Bose system and this takes those highs to a next level even at full volume
-I listened to the system after just upgrading the tweeters and doing nothing else and even as a standalone this was a HUGE difference

DSP:
-About as easy as an install gets
-This is the best DSP tune Ive experienced in a car audio system. Before I did anything with the door speakers I listened with the DSP/Amp installed and the upgraded tweeters. Wow...this takes it to that concert level experience and you feel like the band is playing all around you. This is EXPERTLY tuned for the driver experience and makes all the difference

DOOR SPEAKERS:
-This was the longest part of the install but wasn't difficult at all. Just follow the video steps. Placing the small sound dampening material blocks takes a while with some funky angles but its not technically difficult
-The factory Bose had horrible vibrations in the door panels at high levels of sound. I notice absolutely no vibrations now...
-It doesn't add an absurd amount of weight to the doors like some previous upgrades Ive done. When you open the door you can definitely tell you have sound dampening material in it but its not at all super heavy
-This makes the vocals and mid base so precise and crisp. you can hear every bass string pluck, everything is like you are now listening in 8k if that were a thing
-Great mid bass, you can feel the percussion waves on your legs driving now that all that sound energy isn't getting lost in the door panels.

This does not perform like a DIY system...it performs at the highest of levels. My one and only desire for the system is for a subwoofer upgrade. This does an excellent job with Bass besides those super low visceral notes that shake your chest when they hit but that's not what it's currently designed for and this performs 10/10 straight from the be box. I have zero regrets doing the stage 3. If you are taking apart the door panel already might as well upgrade all of the component speakers...you will not regret it I promise. If you are in the market for a Porsche do not buy any upgraded audio package from the dealer. Save that money and put it towards this no questions asked. AMAZING PRODUCT

Last edited by AJBBUR; 10-18-2023 at 10:22 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by AJBBUR:
12v Nick (10-18-2023), daaa nope (10-19-2023), DerekHK (10-18-2023), NickS (10-18-2023), Russian Mafia (10-19-2023), WillinEvergreen (10-19-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-19-2023, 11:29 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 555 Likes on 305 Posts

Possible to upgrade from Stage 2 to Stage 3? Pricing? Availability?
Old 10-19-2023, 05:25 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by AJBBUR
@12v Nick I just installed the stage 3 in my 2023 Macan GTS. Ill preface this with I have ZERO experience installing any car audio but have been fortunate to experience many awesome audio systems. Overall install time was right at 3.5 hours and with the videos guidance was absolutely no problem at all. Packaging is just as good as opening any Apple products and they do an incredible job start to finish with this product.

TWEETERS:
-This is the "toughest" part of the install but the video is excellent and follow it exactly for what to trim and where to trim. If you get angled micro scissors it makes it much easier with the angle of the windshield and location of the tweeters
-This to me honestly makes the most difference. There was zero high end with the Bose system and this takes those highs to a next level even at full volume
-I listened to the system after just upgrading the tweeters and doing nothing else and even as a standalone this was a HUGE difference

DSP:
-About as easy as an install gets
-This is the best DSP tune Ive experienced in a car audio system. Before I did anything with the door speakers I listened with the DSP/Amp installed and the upgraded tweeters. Wow...this takes it to that concert level experience and you feel like the band is playing all around you. This is EXPERTLY tuned for the driver experience and makes all the difference

DOOR SPEAKERS:
-This was the longest part of the install but wasn't difficult at all. Just follow the video steps. Placing the small sound dampening material blocks takes a while with some funky angles but its not technically difficult
-The factory Bose had horrible vibrations in the door panels at high levels of sound. I notice absolutely no vibrations now...
-It doesn't add an absurd amount of weight to the doors like some previous upgrades Ive done. When you open the door you can definitely tell you have sound dampening material in it but its not at all super heavy
-This makes the vocals and mid base so precise and crisp. you can hear every bass string pluck, everything is like you are now listening in 8k if that were a thing
-Great mid bass, you can feel the percussion waves on your legs driving now that all that sound energy isn't getting lost in the door panels.

This does not perform like a DIY system...it performs at the highest of levels. My one and only desire for the system is for a subwoofer upgrade. This does an excellent job with Bass besides those super low visceral notes that shake your chest when they hit but that's not what it's currently designed for and this performs 10/10 straight from the be box. I have zero regrets doing the stage 3. If you are taking apart the door panel already might as well upgrade all of the component speakers...you will not regret it I promise. If you are in the market for a Porsche do not buy any upgraded audio package from the dealer. Save that money and put it towards this no questions asked. AMAZING PRODUCT
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

I'm glad you enjoyed the install portion, too — There's a certain level of personal satisfaction that comes with DIY projects that actually work out as expected(or better). You also killed it at only 3.5 hours total. I usually tell folks its around a 5hr endeavor.

I also agree with you on the bass. It's very good and a vast improvement over the factory bass response. More impact, better texture and good depth at moderate volumes. If you like to "crank it to eleven" or listen to a lot of EDM/Hip-Hop, having a larger dedicated sub is a nice addition. I'm working on developing something like that at some point, but there are some other projects taken current priority, so I'm not sure when that might come to be.

Thanks again for the order and the review!

Originally Posted by daaa nope
Possible to upgrade from Stage 2 to Stage 3? Pricing? Availability?
Of course you'd want to upgrade, lol.

Yes it's possible. Better yet, Stage Three uses the same amplifier, so it's just a midrange and woofer upgrade. Upgrade cost is usually $2695, but the speakers are on backorder right now. DM me if your interested — I might have a deal for you to make up for the lead time.
daaa nope (10-19-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 06:38 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Notice in your install video you do not pull the battery power to the car? Also, you are in and around the air bags. Are any airbag connectors pulled? Any need to recalibrate the power windows after the installation?
Old 10-19-2023, 10:54 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Any upgrades on the horizon for the base audio system?
Old 10-20-2023, 01:46 PM
rob944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 154 Posts

I've been all through this thread and the Musicar website but I haven't been able to find any pricing or purchase information?
Old 10-20-2023, 03:03 PM
VAGfan
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 196 Posts

It is a big secret...not sure why the vendor doesn't state it in the thread.....seems like it would be kinda important....
rob944s2 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-20-2023, 06:57 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DHL
Notice in your install video you do not pull the battery power to the car? Also, you are in and around the air bags. Are any airbag connectors pulled? Any need to recalibrate the power windows after the installation?
Our amplifier is efficient enough to make perfect use of the Macan's 40A factory amp circuit.

No airbag connectors are unpluged in this install, but even in the 718/991 where we remove the seats, as long as you don't turn the ignition on with the harness unplugged you won't need to reset the light.

Power windows do need to be recalibrated sometimes, but that's as simple as rolling the windows up and down in a specific pattern:

Originally Posted by sivikvtec
Any upgrades on the horizon for the base audio system?
We're 99% done with those, just have a lot of irons in the fire so we're trying to keep focused on one system release at a time. Should have those ready to pre-order by the end of the year if not sooner. Email me with your info if you want me to add you to an internal update list. porsche.audio@musicarnw.com

Originally Posted by rob944s2
I've been all through this thread and the Musicar website but I haven't been able to find any pricing or purchase information?
Originally Posted by VAGfan
It is a big secret...not sure why the vendor doesn't state it in the thread.....seems like it would be kinda important....
Meh, it's not a big secret, it's just tough to find and edit specific posts when we have price changes. Stage One, One Plus, Two & Three are currently $679, $995, 3,795 & $6,295; respectively. We also have a few opportunities to save right now if you are placing an order this month. Systems are on backorder with a 45-60 day eta. You can always email me for more details on any of that.

We're really close to launching our new website/webstore, but as one person trying to manage that process, develop new solutions and fulfill orders, everything ends up taking a little longer than I would like.

Last edited by 12v Nick; 10-20-2023 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2023, 07:35 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Our amplifier is efficient enough to make perfect use of the Macan's 40A factory amp circuit.

No airbag connectors are unpluged in this install, but even in the 718/991 where we remove the seats, as long as you don't turn the ignition on with the harness unplugged you won't need to reset the light.

Power windows do need to be recalibrated sometimes, but that's as simple as rolling the windows up and down in a specific pattern: https://youtu.be/G25drQultUo?si=Ct5w-1hjWJZdL4N_

We're 99% done with those, just have a lot of irons in the fire so we're trying to keep focused on one system release at a time. Should have those ready to pre-order by the end of the year if not sooner. Email me with your info if you want me to add you to an internal update list. porsche.audio@musicarnw.com

Meh, it's not a big secret, it's just tough to find and edit specific posts when we have price changes. Stage One, One Plus, Two & Three are currently $679, $995, 3,795 & $6,295; respectively. We also have a few opportunities to save right now if you are placing an order this month. Systems are on backorder with a 45-60 day eta. You can always email me for more details on any of that.

We're really close to launching our new website/webstore, but as one person trying to manage that process, develop new solutions and fulfill orders, everything ends up taking a little longer than I would like.
can you comment on the difference between stage 2 and stage 3? Current stage 2 customer and wondering if the cost is worth the jump for “just” speakers? Thanks Nick, we appreciate the time for plug and play solutions!

Quick Reply: Finally — Musicar Development for the Macan w/ BOSE