Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Finally — Musicar Development for the Macan w/ BOSE

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2023 | 03:52 PM
Colo911
5th Gear

Nick -

I think I'm one of the first batch to receive the Stage 2 from you. I installed the tweeters and the Amp/interface and the massive difference in the spatial clarity of the music is superb. I look forward to getting the sound-dampening installed to realize the full upgrade.

For the tweeter install, Pulling the A panel trim made me a little nervous, but it ended up being pretty straight forward. The amp is an easy-peasy swap. When do you anticipate having the install videos available? I'm wanting to put in the sound dampening in the doors and I see some videos on YouTube for the removal of the door panel and trim... If I give it a go from your pics in this thread -- will it be self-explanatory, or do you recommend waiting for the installation video?

Last edited by Colo911; 03-03-2023 at 03:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
$ Short (03-31-2023)
Old 03-03-2023 | 07:38 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Colo911
Nick -

I think I'm one of the first batch to receive the Stage 2 from you. I installed the tweeters and the Amp/interface and the massive difference in the spatial clarity of the music is superb. I look forward to getting the sound-dampening installed to realize the full upgrade.

For the tweeter install, Pulling the A panel trim made me a little nervous, but it ended up being pretty straight forward. The amp is an easy-peasy swap. When do you anticipate having the install videos available? I'm wanting to put in the sound dampening in the doors and I see some videos on YouTube for the removal of the door panel and trim... If I give it a go from your pics in this thread -- will it be self-explanatory, or do you recommend waiting for the installation video?
I'm also at the same stage you are, awaiting some install instructions. Sound deadening could be partially figured out via the install images, but there are some inside the door cavity that can't be seen hence why I am also playing the waiting game - I only want to take the door panels off once lol. The DSP is tuned with the deadened doors in mind, so I feel like there is some lack in dynamics or maybe just muted mid and low range because of it. I'm in agreeance with your comments about the spatial clarity. Also, the improved aural clarity the tweeters bring as well as reduced harshness as compared to the Bose tweeters is definetely welcome!
Colo911 (03-04-2023)
Old 03-20-2023 | 02:40 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

@12v Nick Still awaiting some good How-to's on the install (specifically where the sounds deadening goes). Thanks
Old 03-21-2023 | 05:55 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mslam02
@12v Nick Still awaiting some good How-to's on the install (specifically where the sounds deadening goes). Thanks
Working on wrapping that up tonight if time allows — It's been a hectic couple of weeks. Soon!
Old 03-25-2023 | 09:27 PM
etrexler
Rennlist Member

I installed the DSP Amplifier tonight. Will do the tweeters tomorrow. All I can say is wow. Thank you Nick! Another Musicar setup that blows me away.

Last edited by etrexler; 03-25-2023 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2023 | 10:20 PM
cjw24
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by etrexler
I installed the DSP Amplifier tonight. Will do the tweeters tomorrow. All I can say is wow. Thank you Nick! Another Musicar setup that blows me away.
Ugh...feeling my wallet getting lighter soon. Looking forward to hearing more reviews of the entire set up.
Old 03-26-2023 | 12:19 PM
VAGfan
Pro

I may not be able to resist either.....I was reminded last-night how poor my Macans Bose system sounds, compared to the B&O system in my wifes SQ5......
The following 2 users liked this post by VAGfan:
downtroddengoat (08-11-2024), Jupiterfish (04-24-2023)
Old 03-26-2023 | 01:08 PM
Bezlar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VAGfan
I may not be able to resist either.....I was reminded last-night how poor my Macans Bose system sounds, compared to the B&O system in my wifes SQ5......
That’s funny because I thought my sq5 stereo was junk compared to the macans Bose.
WillinEvergreen (09-24-2023)
Old 03-26-2023 | 06:31 PM
VAGfan
Pro

What year is your SQ5?
I have a first Gen (2017) SQ5, and I think that B&O system was better than the 2nd Gen SQ5 (2018 +).
Old 04-02-2023 | 05:49 PM
bbqchicken
4th Gear

@12v Nick any updates on the door speaker package (mid + woofer)? Teaser photos are killing me!
Old 04-03-2023 | 08:41 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

@12v Nick Can you just post up a similar diagram as pictured in the image i attached from one of your videos as to where the inner door deadening (both the flat parts and the cube structures) go? Waiting on the whole video has been some time, but I just want a diagram of where to put the deadening thats not pictured in the install pics earlier in this thread. Thanks!

Old 04-03-2023 | 10:18 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bbqchicken
@12v Nick any updates on the door speaker package (mid + woofer)? Teaser photos are killing me!
Heh

I was gonna say... NO DON'T... because I've convinced myself that, for this go-round, I'm stopping at Stage 2. But now that I got the shipping notification for my Stage 2, it's now too late for me to change my mind. So please share away Nick!
Old 04-11-2023 | 09:03 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Colo911
Nick -

How did you get the A Pillar covers off?

EDIT figured it out

T25 hidden behind the airbag logo

Last edited by daaa nope; 04-11-2023 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2023 | 01:32 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Got it all wired up. Didn't install the TOSlink cable at first. Saw the bag with the USB cable, didn't realize there was an optical hiding in there. Got the hardware installed and... no sound. Scratched my head for a while. Emailed Nick. Figured I'd go to bed. Then decided to dig around a little more. Found the manual online for the MOST adapter and discovered... hmmm... there's nothing connecting this to the amp, the wires there are only for power and ground... go back to garage, find baggie, find optical cable... AH HA!

Connected it. Went for drive.

HOLY SH**

I haven't done the sound deadening yet. Just the hardware. And this is already definitely better than the Burmester system from the Cayenne I traded in. Soundstage - huge. The whole dash sounds like one giant broad speaker. Can pinpoint voices, instruments (Cut N Run by Big Phat Band - trumpet clearly left, sax more in front of the driver, piano to the right of the sax... big band clearly otherwise spread and fills the cabin like a concert hall).

I drove around for an hour. Came home, decided to email Nick to tell him "I figured it out"... to find, he'd emailed me back already, "Hey Jim you need to install the fiber optic cable - it's too fragile to ship with it connected." SO not only does he put together a killer product... dude responded to my email at nearly midnight (well, midnight my time - still like 9p his time).

Anybody still waiting for their setup - they are gonna LOVE IT. I'm doing all the sound deadening this weekend when I get more time.
12v Nick (04-16-2023)
Old 04-12-2023 | 08:33 AM
Bezlar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VAGfan
What year is your SQ5?
I have a first Gen (2017) SQ5, and I think that B&O system was better than the 2nd Gen SQ5 (2018 +).
yes I had second gen. 2019

Quick Reply: Finally — Musicar Development for the Macan w/ BOSE