Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 03:39 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

Sneak peek on the final prototype for the DSP Amplifier setup:

Right now I'm working on getting the production set up for this new system. Should be ready to take pre-orders by the end of the week!
Old 11-05-2022, 03:47 PM
Bezlar
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 55 Posts

What ever happened to this?
Old 12-07-2022, 04:18 PM
banksc01
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bueller?
Old 12-10-2022, 07:37 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,113 Likes on 599 Posts

Nice work!
Old 12-21-2022, 04:57 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi everyone! Apologies for the delays on updating this thread — we had some production issues that pushed our projected timeline back quite a ways. That said, we're finally ready to take orders for the Stage Two system and the goal is to get everything shipped in the next two weeks depending on how many orders we get.

Total cost for the Stage Two is $3,595 and includes:
  • High-End Dash Tweeter Replacement
  • Pre-Cut Sound Damping Kit for Front Doors
  • Premium DSP Amplifier
  • Fiber-Optic Audio Interface
Everything comes pre-tuned for the Macan acoustics and shouldn't take more than a few hours to install(the amp takes like 10min). We're also doing free domestic shipping on these initial orders. Shoot me a PM here if you're interested or send an email to musicarnw@gmail.com
The following 2 users liked this post by 12v Nick:
Jeff Jones (12-27-2022), JohnnyC8 (12-31-2022)
Old 01-01-2023, 11:05 AM
JohnnyC8
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Hi everyone! Apologies for the delays on updating this thread — we had some production issues that pushed our projected timeline back quite a ways. That said, we're finally ready to take orders for the Stage Two system and the goal is to get everything shipped in the next two weeks depending on how many orders we get.

Total cost for the Stage Two is $3,595 and includes:
  • High-End Dash Tweeter Replacement
  • Pre-Cut Sound Damping Kit for Front Doors
  • Premium DSP Amplifier
  • Fiber-Optic Audio Interface
Everything comes pre-tuned for the Macan acoustics and shouldn't take more than a few hours to install(the amp takes like 10min). We're also doing free domestic shipping on these initial orders. Shoot me a PM here if you're interested or send an email to musicarnw@gmail.com
This looks like a great set-up. Can the components be ordered separately?
Old 01-01-2023, 09:46 PM
DerekHK
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

I have installed the tweeter on my GT4 and Macan. It's an awesome product! Nick is a great guy to work with! (Now I'm tempted to get the Amp for the Macan since it's only a 10minute install?) Let us know more about the Amp & Audio interface!
Old 01-01-2023, 10:55 PM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 572 Likes on 310 Posts

I have their full setup in my Spyder and love it!

Already ordered this for my 23 Macan GTS which won’t be here until March…
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Jones (01-01-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 10:13 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 69 Posts

Just received stage 2 in the mail today, anxiously awaiting the install video so i can get some tunes cranked through this thing!!
Old 02-19-2023, 08:25 PM
kbto
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intereted

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Hey folks!

If you've seen any of my posts in the other forum sections you know that Musicar has been building Porsche-specific plug-n-play audio upgrades for the past 7 years now. There's always been a good deal of interest in having us support the Macan since it seems to be the most daily-driven on the newer Porsche platforms. We already have the Stage One available(tweeter upgrade) and I know a good deal of you on here already have that installed. The BOSE system is by far the most commonly-spec'd and the configuration we see the most inquiries for, so that's where we're starting with the development process.

Later this month we'll be working with a '22 Macan with Bose. This is going to be for our Stage Two solution. If you're unfamiliar with our upgrade paths, that's going to include:
  • Premium Tweeter Replacement
  • Pre-Cut Acoustic Treatment for Doors
  • Audio Interface for BOSE® system
  • 10-Channel Premium DSP Amplifier
The goals are in line with what we currently offer for the 911 and Cayman/Boxster — A healthy improvement to the detail, clarity, imaging, and dynamics of the sound system with a simple, non-invasive DIY installation that utilizes all factory locations. Everything we do is bolt-in and plug-n-play. No wires cut and no holes drilled. The feedback we've received from these systems in the other Porsches has been fantastic and the Macan has a lot of potential for being an even better platform, acoustically speaking.

Here are some photos of what that setup looks like in the 718 now:

I'll be keeping a log of our progress as we work through developing the mounting systems, wiring harnesses and tuning the sound processor for the Macan's acoustics. If all goes as planned we should have that process wrapped up by the end of the month. That puts production somewhere in the Late August/Early September timeframe.

I wanted to also use this post to gauge some pre-production interest and see who might want to get involved in one of these upgrades. We typically launch new applications with a group buy to help promote the new solution and help early adopters save some dollars on the inaugural build queue.

Let me know what you all think and what questions anyone has. Feel free to PM me with questions, but I encourage asking those publicly to help anyone else that might have the same query.

Looking forward to finally adding the Macan to the roster for our Stage Two systems!

— Nick
very interested in stage 2 for a 2023 macan S… I am
in NY and will be DIY it.

how do we go about this?

veey respectfully

carlos
Old 02-21-2023, 02:20 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by kbto
very interested in stage 2 for a 2023 macan S… I am
in NY and will be DIY it.

how do we go about this?

veey respectfully

carlos
Hi Carlos, I saw your email and sent you back a reply yesterday. Let me know if you don't see that for any reason!

-Nick
Old 02-24-2023, 01:13 AM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Some pretty cool stuff in the works for the BOSE Macan!

The following users liked this post:
bbqchicken (02-26-2023)
Old 02-24-2023, 11:12 AM
daaa nope
Burning Brakes

Received 572 Likes on 310 Posts

No.

Not doing it.

Not going to do it.

Going to stick with the S2 I ordered.

But... how much? Asking for a friend.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:51 AM
Shandingo
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

@12v Nick, what products do you guys offer for a Macan that has the factory installed Burmester system and how much improvement to that system would your products achieve? I think the Burmester in my Macan GTS sounds very good, but just wondering whether it could be made to sound noticably better without spending huge amounts of money.
Old 02-26-2023, 02:18 PM
bbqchicken
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Registered just for this thread!
You are filling a huge gap within the macan community for a low friction, out-of-the-box plug and play DIY solution.
I already have a pair of your tweeters installed in my bose macan from your 718 package, and the sound quality is great (+ removing center channel).

I know myself and many others would also be interested in replacing the door subs and midrange speakers as well.
There is also a need for a subwoofer replacement in the trunk! If you were able to create a box as a remove/replace solution, or a shallow sub box for those who dont need the spare tire. There is also a market gap for that as well!

I'm staying tuned for when you build/create the next packages, this is awesome!

Quick Reply: Finally — Musicar Development for the Macan w/ BOSE