Recalls on MY22 GTS prior to delivery - advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2022, 10:41 AM
EvoGT89
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recalls on MY22 GTS prior to delivery - advice needed

Hey everyone,

Been a long time lurker, taking in all the advice, experiences, and awesome photos you've all shared of your deliveries of your Macans.

So after about a 7-month wait (from my order getting matched to allocation) the day is finally here where my MY22 GTS is expected at my dealer here in the GTA. It's been a very long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

I have very limited experience with working with dealers as this is the first time I've ever purchased a new car so I wanted to reach out to you guys on this as it seems I keep getting hit with issues/delays through this process. I was told around the beginning of this year that there were 3 recalls that got posted to my car's production, and I'm wondering if you guys had these as well and/or if you believe these could be anything I should be worried about:
  • Retrofit TPM control unit
  • Retrofit loud speaker booster
  • Adjust left and right headlights
I was hoping to get delivery of the car this week, but now my SA is telling me that they likely have to order parts to resolve one or more of the above issues. These issues were on my car's file the whole time, so I feel they could have ordered these ahead of time, but instead they're waiting till the last minute? I also thought the above issues would have been rectified in the production process, because my car's production completion date kept getting pushed back constantly; at least 3 times (car entered production first week of December 2021, and finally completed production on March 7, 2022). It then took over 2 months just to deliver the car from the manufacturing plant to the dealer (assuming it actually arrives today, which I have yet to find out).

In any case, I was 2nd in line for initial MY22 allocations at my dealer back in 2021, and it seems like there's been several other GTS' delivered at my dealer and perhaps I'm just the unlucky one here. The car was due to me on April 30 (per bill of sale), and I'm wondering if you guys had similar experience with these constant delays and what you've been able to negotiate, if anything. I'm really unsure if this is something I should just let go, or if there's something the dealer can offer here, as I have very limited experience with this whole process.

Thanks for reading my venting and appreciate your feedback!

Old 05-10-2022, 11:24 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 999 Likes on 667 Posts

My 2022 GTS arrived w/ no recalls or after-delivery parts needed. I did get Burmeister audio, I think many of the issues are w/ the Bose system so you can avoid those by spec'ing Burmeister.

Have not heard of headlight adjustment, aren't they self adjusting w/ the air suspension?
Old 05-10-2022, 11:26 AM
EvoGT89
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
My 2022 GTS arrived w/ no recalls or after-delivery parts needed. I did get Burmeister audio, I think many of the issues are w/ the Bose system so you can avoid those by spec'ing Burmeister.

Have not heard of headlight adjustment, aren't they self adjusting w/ the air suspension?
Yes I have Bose specced... I'd say it's a little too late to spec something else at this point lol. Agreed the headlight one seems silly, there must be something involved that is not described in the name of the recall item.
Old 05-10-2022, 04:41 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Ordered Jan 1 delivered Apr 19, no recalls, Bose complete, TPS working, headlights fine. Look like a few pieces were unavailable for your more recent build, perhaps a set up tool was found out of calibration for setting the headlights and a batch of cars need checking, who knows.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:10 PM
WBimmer
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I just took delivery of my 22 Macan GTS on Friday May 6th and it was fully complete as ordered and nothing was missing from my chosen options.

I got the manual steering column which was expected, but other than that, there have been no concerns and everything is perfect.

Wayne.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:35 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 999 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by EvoGT89
Yes I have Bose specced... I'd say it's a little too late to spec something else at this point lol. Agreed the headlight one seems silly, there must be something involved that is not described in the name of the recall item.
Oh sorry I thought you were putting in an order, not that far along.

Quick Reply: Recalls on MY22 GTS prior to delivery - advice needed