Notices
Macan 2014-Current

What other engines will fit a 2017 Macan S?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022 | 08:58 AM
Victor C3
Instructor

Default What other engines will fit a 2017 Macan S?

I don’t wish to rehash my situation, I posted about it back in November, but I need a complete engine replacement for my 2017 Macan S. Porsche has quoted me about $30,000 for a new engine and the service manual quotes 30 hours of labor. I see used engines around $11,000 - $14,000 range. I basically plan on keeping my Macan for the long haul, I’m not worried about trade-in value. However, I’d like to at least make it drivable and ideally keep at least the same amount of power.

What other more affordable engines might fit in a 2017 Macan S? I know several Audi/VW vehicles often use the same engine across there range. Might a cheaper Audi engine line up with the Macan’s transmission?
Old 04-27-2022 | 09:33 AM
Olddragger
Instructor

Interesting thought! Engine swapping usually ends up being more expensive than replacement for a host of reasons. Now the 3.0 v/6 was also used in other models from Porsche. One, the Panamera comes to mind. I am not sure if this is the same engine that is also used in some Audi models.
Have you considered just using a short block assembly? I am not sure what is wrong with the one you have? End point....research all the models that can identified using this engine....making sure it will mate up to the Macans transmission and then see if a second hand engine can be found. If it doesn't have the Porsche name on it it will be less expensive. Unless you are going to do the work yourself I will be surprised if you come out with less than 5 figures of a bill. The Macan is not an easy car to work on. Sorry you are in this situation.
Have you considered the 4 cylinder Macan engine? It should be less expensive.
Old 04-28-2022 | 09:19 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Never seen a Macan LS swap

Quick Reply: What other engines will fit a 2017 Macan S?