Macan 2014-Current

Macan GTS Ordered: Spec Inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 11:21 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Macan GTS Ordered: Spec Inside

Was pretty easy for me, as this is my 3rd Porsche in the White on Red combo (2015 Macan S, 2018 Carrera 4 GTS, 2022 Macan GTS).
However, what I did NOT notice until today was the Red interior on Macans is now Bordeaux. I havent spec'd a Macan for a cpl years, but the Red Interior used to be Garnett Red which was a much MUCH better (and brighter) red. I know some ppl will like the darker hue of Bordeaux, and theres nothing wrong w/ it, but I prefer the sportier/brighter red of Garnett. Nevertheless, Im still going full bordeaux red/black. Hopeful for delivery in November or December.

Any thoughts or insights would be appreciated, especially regarding the PSCB. Im sure its well worth it for the cheap price....

Thank you.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN31NFT6

Last edited by STKDoctor; 04-26-2022 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:29 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 999 Likes on 667 Posts

Solid build.

I would add Adaptive Cruise and Thermal/noise insulated glass.

Even if you don't use Adaptive cruise most buyers would not purchase any car without it nowadays, myself included.
When I posted my 2022 build several people commented that the Thermal glass made a big difference in cabin noise and temperature.

I would do PSCB for sure, and maybe the calipers in black instead of red.

I would consider NOT doing the GT steering wheel unless you have tried one at your dealer. I am 5'8" and I sat in a Macan with the GT wheel at my dealer...I am glad that I did because the GT wheel blocks the top of the gauges which would drive me nuts in day to day driving. The standard wheel is already pretty thick anyhow and also does not block the gauges.

On a GTS I would NOT do the Porsche crests on the headrests b/c I would rather they say GTS on them, which looks cooler IMO b/c you can only get that on a GTS (but you could get the Porsche crest headrests on any trim level, so they are not special). As an alternative I did the Porsche crest on the center console lid, keeping the GTS on the headrests. But that's just me.

Personally I did the Burmeister b/c the Bose has sounded terrible in every modern Porsche I have owned or been in. Many opinions (and Rennlist posts) on this however.

Last edited by Nickshu; 04-26-2022 at 11:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
STKDoctor (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 12:00 AM
David0413
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Solid build.

I would add Adaptive Cruise and Thermal/noise insulated glass.

Even if you don't use Adaptive cruise most buyers would not purchase any car without it nowadays, myself included.
When I posted my 2022 build several people commented that the Thermal glass made a big difference in cabin noise and temperature.

I would do PSCB for sure, and maybe the calipers in black instead of red.

I would consider NOT doing the GT steering wheel unless you have tried one at your dealer. I am 5'8" and I sat in a Macan with the GT wheel at my dealer...I am glad that I did because the GT wheel blocks the top of the gauges which would drive me nuts in day to day driving. The standard wheel is already pretty thick anyhow and also does not block the gauges.

On a GTS I would NOT do the Porsche crests on the headrests b/c I would rather they say GTS on them, which looks cooler IMO b/c you can only get that on a GTS (but you could get the Porsche crest headrests on any trim level, so they are not special). As an alternative I did the Porsche crest on the center console lid, keeping the GTS on the headrests. But that's just me.

Personally I did the Burmeister b/c the Bose has sounded terrible in every modern Porsche I have owned or been in. Many opinions (and Rennlist posts) on this however.
Agree on the insulated glass, the noise level is a noticeable drop from a tester without this option.

ACC is useful if you ever do longer highway trips, but if its mostly city driven it will be useless unless you're optioning with resale in mind. However I do think it's a cheap enough option so it may be worth getting anyway.

The GT steering wheel is a great size and thickness for me at 5'10. But it all depends on driving position of each individual.

In terms of the sound system I find that the Bose sounds good enough if you're just listening to whatevers on the radio and for most genres. I'd say make the splurge if you mostly listen to songs that are more musical than lyrical. But save the money if you're mostly listening to Spotify and whatever is trending today.
Old 04-27-2022, 08:08 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Last edited by jhbrennan; 04-27-2022 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:04 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 759 Likes on 330 Posts

Theres a a lot of money you will never see on fluff (door handles , crests, etc ) .
I had 5 Macans . I had glass on the first two . I thought it was useless . It did absolutely nothing for cooling . The first (2015) did not come with rear AC (called 3 zone) . It was an oversight that led to my building a 2016 car to replace it . Rear passengers baked in Florida heat.
My observation is that people who have it claim to love it. People who dont claim to not care. I have actually owned both . I lost 2K by getting it . Thats what I remember most on top of baking.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:40 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 932 Likes on 563 Posts

+1 ACC and glass, GT Steering wheel and burgundy interior. +1 PSCB. Would have preferred PCCB on mine, but the issue was delivery delay more than $$, so I passed.

I love red, more so for exterior than interior. I find his burgundy interior very nice, though Wife still finds it a bit eye popping. At resale you may find more buyers ok with burgundy rather than Garnett.

Old 04-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Nice build & congrats! I too opted for no ACC. Not only does it annoy me, but you get that huge bulging lens in the front of the car. It is not a good look.

As far as the red interior now being Bordeaux, I personally prefer it over the Garnet, but that is 100% opinion. Here is my Chalk on Bordeaux in different lighting changing from red/red to dark/red.

[/url]
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/153952003@N04/, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe
The following 2 users liked this post by Greg Wolfe:
Nickshu (04-27-2022), supercup (04-28-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 05:37 PM
STKDoctor
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Wolfe
Nice build & congrats! I too opted for no ACC. Not only does it annoy me, but you get that huge bulging lens in the front of the car. It is not a good look.

As far as the red interior now being Bordeaux, I personally prefer it over the Garnet, but that is 100% opinion. Here is my Chalk on Bordeaux in different lighting changing from red/red to dark/red.

IMG_0183 by Greg Wolfe, on Flickr

Mr. Wolfe

So beautiful! Any more pics of this interior in outdoor settings so it has natural light on it? Also, any better pics of the steering wheel up close?
Not many pics of full bordeaux that I can find, so that is why Im asking. Very much appreciated!

I dont use ACC much, nor do I care for it during my short hiway stints. The Glass is something I would consider. I also just noticed Macan GTS had a 3k (CAD) price increase as of this morning. They also added a new burgundy color in the palette!
Old 04-27-2022, 06:58 PM
Greg Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by STKDoctor
So beautiful! Any more pics of this interior in outdoor settings so it has natural light on it? Also, any better pics of the steering wheel up close?
Not many pics of full bordeaux that I can find, so that is why Im asking. Very much appreciated!

I dont use ACC much, nor do I care for it during my short hiway stints. The Glass is something I would consider. I also just noticed Macan GTS had a 3k (CAD) price increase as of this morning. They also added a new burgundy color in the palette!
I could get you some more pics. I have this picture from when I first saw the car.

What do you mean by, "The Glass is something I would consider"?

Mr. Wolfe
The following users liked this post:
STKDoctor (04-27-2022)

Quick Reply: Macan GTS Ordered: Spec Inside